Court of Session rules in favour of HMRC + Rangers Issue Statement

I honestly don't think the BDO will pursue an further appeal, this will have to be taken up by wealthy Bears and the rank and fill on behalf of MIH. If that is even possible in law, someone will tell us soon no doubt, in the meantime i'm drawing some funds out my ISA's in hope we take it further.

Edited by aweebluesoandso

It's been used quite a bit recently, including a case that I'm involved in. The problem (for me) is that the supreme court don't take the same attitude.

Lord Carloway was bemoaning the supreme court recently. http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/13209826.Top_judge__UK_Supreme_Court__relatively_remote_and_far_removed_from_realities_of_Scots_Law_/

If we appealed to the Supreme Court, there is a fair possibility it would be overturned.

If you read this, you have to ask the question why none of the previous judges et al saw it like these people did ...

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11788/10055416/hmrc-wins-appeal-over-rangers-big-tax-case

I was almsot expecting the word "hospital" in there.

Well, with so many Yahoo-minded people at the SFA and SPFL, it will be an utter surprise if they are not going to chase for titles and cups.

They seem to be under the misapprehension that that will somehow get our nine in a row titles stripped or some such. The reality is, a couple of good seasons apart, they were often on top over the EBT period. Where would we have been without signing Ian Murray, Gregory Vignal and Terro Penttilla?

They seem to be under the misapprehension that that will somehow get our nine in a row titles stripped or some such. The reality is, a couple of good seasons apart, they were often on top over the EBT period. Where would we have been without signing Ian Murray, Gregory Vignal and Terro Penttilla?

Well, I know that NIAR ended '97, but wasn't concerned about it. Only whether the result today and Nimmo's ruling leaves enough open spaces for the title hunt to start anew.

You'd hope someone takes the fight on to the next level, as this judgement (in the report above) seems to be quite bipolar in its explanation as compared to the previous two.

Well, I know that NIAR ended '97, but wasn't concerned about it. Only whether the result today and Nimmo's ruling leaves enough open spaces for the title hunt to start anew.

You'd hope someone takes the fight on to the next level, as this judgement (in the report above) seems to be quite bipolar in its explanation as compared to the previous two.

Absolutely. But those agitating noisily on social media seem not to have noticed they frequently gubbed us in the EBT era--not always, but plenty.

I would imagine that the SPFL (regardless of Lawell's unhealthy influence) would also want to draw a line under this mess. I cant see them chasing for titles - was it not in the 5-way agreement that titles wouldn't be stripped ?

Everyone in Scottish football know, Celtic & Lawell included, that they NEED Rangers and its fans to maintain some semblance of professional football on an appropriate level I.e. they NEED the blue pound. Do they HONESTLY believe that stripping titles will be in their long-term best interests ? I know Regan and Doncaster aren't that sharp but neither of them can be that stupid. If our titles are stripped then it will be a very, very long time before Bears will provide funds to ANY Club in Scotland.

I am probably wrong because we have seen all these clubs acting like Turkeys at Christmas previously - but I still hold some hope for common sense to prevail.