Transfer Deadline Day: Michael O'Halloran signs until 2020

I'd like to add if I may...yes get some more players in to bolster the squad in January because of the possibility of injuries and suspensions but don't sign another Sandaza or a Daly please...we don't need them.

To be honest, and I know this may be a minority view, I would be tempted to go with what we have in January with no additions (unless we can get real quality which we simply cant refuse) - even though Hibs have caught up I still don't foresee anything other than a Rangers championship win.

When we get promoted I can see good quality players looking to come to Rangers to help us "finish the journey" - just imagine what it will be like for any player in our squad in the season that we obtain "mission complete" - they will, for eternity, be lauded as heroes. That would be something I imagine a lot of players would want to buy into - at least the non-mercenary types anyway.

Lets just get the job done this year though and see what happens next season - one game at a time as the manager says :thup:

To be honest, and I know this may be a minority view, I would be tempted to go with what we have in January with no additions (unless we can get real quality which we simply cant refuse) - even though Hibs have caught up I still don't foresee anything other than a Rangers championship win.

When we get promoted I can see good quality players looking to come to Rangers to help us "finish the journey" - just imagine what it will be like for any player in our squad in the season that we obtain "mission complete" - they will, for eternity, be lauded as heroes. That would be something I imagine a lot of players would want to buy into - at least the non-mercenary types anyway.

Lets just get the job done this year though and see what happens next season - one game at a time as the manager says :thup:

I think the manager is looking to make the transition of players to integrate into the squad without too much disruption to the squad,therefore that is why he wants to bring in a couple in January but they must improve the squad for our challenge when we step up,then add even more in the summer

who should we recall? they're out on loan for a reason - they're not good enough

... or W&W wanted to see their own midfield signings starting to gel for 6 months ahead of people who have already experienced Ibrox, e.g. Murdoch and Crawford. And what use would Murdoch and Crawford be for our reserves or the bench, when they can instead get regular football elsewhere, even at equal or lower tier teams?

It simply isn't just black and white and we could easily have cut them loose like Callum Gallacher if we had thought them "useless".

Edited by der Berliner

I think the manager is looking to make the transition of players to integrate into the squad without too much disruption to the squad,therefore that is why he wants to bring in a couple in January but they must improve the squad for our challenge when we step up,then add even more in the summer

The only thing I disagree with here Ian is the use of the word "squad". Any new recruits should, IMHO, be improving the TEAM i.e. starting XI - the players we currently have are all very good squad players, many with the potential (given their age) to prove themselves integral parts of the TEAM - look at Holt, for example.... wasn't necessarily a guaranteed starter at the start of the season but has proven to be a key component to our team. However, what we will need to strengthen for next season's assault is a stronger starting XI.

The only thing I disagree with here Ian is the use of the word "squad". Any new recruits should, IMHO, be improving the TEAM i.e. starting XI - the players we currently have are all very good squad players, many with the potential (given their age) to prove themselves integral parts of the TEAM - look at Holt, for example.... wasn't necessarily a guaranteed starter at the start of the season but has proven to be a key component to our team. However, what we will need to strengthen for next season's assault is a stronger starting XI.

Agree Craig!,I should have used the word team

I'd like us to bring in 2 or 3 players with an eye on next season. Agree they should be pretty much first team players who are higher in quality than what we have for that position. I'd like a striker who can play on the deck as well as a able to be a target man and good with the head, an experienced holding midfielder who can read the game, and a solid central defender, as we're going to lose Ball and Wilson doesn't inspire confidence.

The usual "spine" of the team players.

Heard from temps brother at the game last night were in for king and walker of hearts...

I certainly hope we're not in for either of them. Not good enough.

All we need to do in January is get replacements for Miller & Clark due to the lack of goals they've got (like last season).

Edited by RANGERRAB