Transfer Deadline Day: Michael O'Halloran signs until 2020

I think what's more interesting in who (unless they actually sign) is the question of who from?

I'm wondering if the likes of a middling SP club could even have someone we're interested in without having reports of being some kind of sensation. If they do have a good enough player, the good side is that with the stock of Scottish football so low that he could be reasonably priced, and of course will have no qualms about jumping up and down at the chance to sign for Scotland's most successful club - probably on an affordable wage.

Other considerations is whether it's a good or bad thing to weaken your opponents in an already weak league - on the one hand it makes a less competitive, less attractive league for television as well as testing our players and keeping them at a competitive level for Europe, countered by the fact that we're working our way back to the top and don't need any banana skins lying around. But then, perhaps it's also good to keep the transfer money in Scotland as SP clubs are struggling without the blue pound to prop them up.

I've mostly, throughout the years, wanted Rangers to be a very Scottish side, with the best players our country offers, augmented by a judicous number of excellent foreigners and other Brits (although there was a time under Advocaat where I was seduced by the array of foriegn stars). I think the greatest heights of that scenario in my memories, will be the games against Leeds United, where we played 9 Scots and 2 Englishmen in both games. Proudest moments for me.

However, the paucity of home grown talent combined with the topsy turvy world that the football money game has become has skewed things drastically, but ironically I think we might end up being that kind of squad (by nationality not by talent) by financial necessity more than anything.

I think what's more interesting in who (unless they actually sign) is the question of who from?

I'm wondering if the likes of a middling SP club could even have someone we're interested in without having reports of being some kind of sensation. If they do have a good enough player, the good side is that with the stock of Scottish football so low that he could be reasonably priced, and of course will have no qualms about jumping up and down at the chance to sign for Scotland's most successful club - probably on an affordable wage.

Other considerations is whether it's a good or bad thing to weaken your opponents in an already weak league - on the one hand it makes a less competitive, less attractive league for television as well as testing our players and keeping them at a competitive level for Europe, countered by the fact that we're working our way back to the top and don't need any banana skins lying around. But then, perhaps it's also good to keep the transfer money in Scotland as SP clubs are struggling without the blue pound to prop them up.

I've mostly, throughout the years, wanted Rangers to be a very Scottish side, with the best players our country offers, augmented by a judicous number of excellent foreigners and other Brits (although there was a time under Advocaat where I was seduced by the array of foriegn stars). I think the greatest heights of that scenario in my memories, will be the games against Leeds United, where we played 9 Scots and 2 Englishmen in both games. Proudest moments for me.

However, the paucity of home grown talent combined with the topsy turvy world that the football money game has become has skewed things drastically, but ironically I think we might end up being that kind of squad (by nationality not by talent) by financial necessity more than anything.

Calscot, couldn't agree more. Local talent should be the way forward. The difficulty is that often mediocre foreign talent of a similar standard is considerably cheaper.

With regards the Leeds games, I remember them fondly. As a Yorkshire lad who watched football but didn't have a particular allegiance at the time, these were the games that turned me into a Rangers fan. Won over by the style of play and commitment. Great times indeed!

Did we expect anything else? Not really. What you would expect is that "journalists" wouldn't just shrug with their shoulders and move on to the next piece of crap, but actually do their work appropriately. Even if that only means that they switch from nonsense wording of articles to more factual ones, as in: "might be a player Rangers could be interested in". Not in this decade though, I suppose.

Mark Warburton 'bemused' by Rangers links with Dundee's Greg Stewart

Rangers manager Mark Warburton says he's "amazed" and "bemused" by recent reports linking the club with a move for Dundee striker Greg Stewart.

Warburton has previously spoken of his desire to add "one or two" new faces to his Rangers squad in January as he bids to lead the club into the Premiership. Should he be successful, it is likely he would want to further strengthen his squad in the summer.

Stewart's success at Cowdenbeath saw Dundee snap him up in 2014 and his first season for the Dark Blues earned him a PFA Player of the Year nomination.

The forward now has 18 goals for his current club, with five of them coming this season so far.

"I'm amazed to see such headlines," said the Rangers boss, referencing speculation linking the Ibrox club with Stewart.

"He's a very talented player, we look at many players down south and in Scotland, of course. But I'm bemused by some of the headlines.

"He's not our player and we would never conduct our business in that way, but he's just one of many players who we're apparently linked with.

"If we can secure a player that we feel can add quality that we don't currently possess, then we'll move.

"If it's possible to do the deal then we'll move. But Rangers will conduct their business in the appropriate way, hopefully."

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/rangers/1335518-mark-warburton-bemused-by-rangers-links-with-dundees-greg-stewart/

Can't quite get to grips with Warbs reaction to a simple question - he's "amazed" and "bemused" by recent reports linking the club with a move for Dundee striker Greg Stewart?

Every club in England are linked with Tom, Dick and Harry every single day and the managers just laugh it off!

I know journo's up here are arses but you must calm down Mark.

Can't quite get to grips with Warbs reaction to a simple question - he's "amazed" and "bemused" by recent reports linking the club with a move for Dundee striker Greg Stewart?

Every club in England are linked with Tom, Dick and Harry every single day and the managers just laugh it off!

I know journo's up here are arses but you must calm down Mark.

Let's hope were not linked with any dicks then bearman..