Transfer Deadline Day: Michael O'Halloran signs until 2020

regarding my post I was a big critic of Law but not now as for Shiels I always said to my son, who sits beside me at Ibrox ,this was a player totally destroyed by Ally who played him out of position,but now is showing his real class.Hopefully for him he gets to go to Euros.

regarding my post I was a big critic of Law but not now as for Shiels I always said to my son, who sits beside me at Ibrox ,this was a player totally destroyed by Ally who played him out of position,but now is showing his real class.Hopefully for him he gets to go to Euros.

Yeah sure, but you ruined your post by questioning Zelalems 'assist'?

Gers could get Accrington pair in January after compensation row

Josh Windass of Accrington Stanley could be Ibrox-bound this month

Exclusive by Graeme Macpherson / 1 hour ago / Rangers

RANGERS could land Accrington Stanley pair Josh Windass and Matt Crooks this month rather than in the summer after the League Two club’s new owner expressed his frustration at the prospect of losing them for next to nothing come the end of the season. Andy Holt, who became Accrington’s majority shareholder at the end of last year, confirmed the Ibrox club have been in talks with striker Windass, the son of former Aberdeen forward Dean, and defensive midfielder Crooks with a view to the pair signing pre-contract arrangements. Accrington do not wish to sell either of the 21-year-olds in January as they push for promotion but, faced with the possibility of losing them in the summer for a reduced cross-border compensation fee, Holt revealed the club may have to rethink their stance and listen to offers this month.

“We are investing in young players so I don’t like the rule that says they can effectively move on for free if they go north of the border,” he said. “If you grow a tree and spend money on it then when it becomes a bigger tree you get more money for it. And that’s how it should be with football players too.

“It’s possible the two boys have had their heads turned but I wouldn’t have a problem with that if that were the case. I wouldn’t want to stand in their way of having a future as they are good lads, as are the rest of the squad. But I don’t think we as a club should lose out as a result after all our efforts in bringing them on.

“Our intention is to go for promotion this season so we want to keep our squad together this month if we can. But obviously these kind of things [the possibility of losing them for a reduced sum] you’ve got to bring into the mix. That’s something we might need to think about. Rangers haven’t been in touch with me personally about signing the players this month although I daresay that could yet change.

Promoted stories

Recommended by

“Compensation should be for the players who don’t succeed as well as for the ones who do. It’s to cover the costs of developing young players whether they make it or not. And so it doesn’t seem right to me that after you do that a Scottish club can come and take them for next to nothing. I haven’t given up hope on the two boys signing new deals here but I’ll respect whatever they decide to go. I did well in my life and so I wouldn’t want to stand in the way of others doing the same.”

Share article

Holt also expressed his disappointment at the way in which Rangers had communicated with Accrington that they would be opening talks with their players.

“The way Rangers have gone about things has annoyed me a bit,” he added. “Instead of coming through me or our manager John Coleman they just sent an email to our secretary and that’s not the norm. I thought they might have called one of us, or even our chairman Peter Marsden and told us their intentions. In normal circumstances a manager would ring his fellow manager to say what was going on so that was a bit disappointing.”

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/rangers/14181342.Gers_could_get_Accrington_pair_in_January_after_compensation_row/

Its an absolute outrage!

How dare the Rangers approach two young players during the transfer window and offer them an opportunity to move on to a bigger club when their contracts end its completely and utterly inappropriate. :laugh2:

What a load of nonsense and sour grapes that article contains. First of all read FIFA reg 18(5) Rangers don't actually need permission to speak to the lads as their contracts have less than 6 months to run. Yet they've courteously informed the club through the secretary (an executive and most important position) that they intend to speak to them. If the lads agreed and wanted to move before the contract is up Rangers would need to agree to a transfer fee to release their registration which would be much better for AS than getting nothing at all at the end of the season and contract.

Sorry Bearman just I don't think there is a place in the team for Zalelam and unless he does something outstanding will always think we are only looking after him for Arsenal.

I agree he hasn't done much and agree he should be sent back only because of his contribution so far.

But we have reached a corner regards Zelalem his career is going downhill atm and like yourself have condemned his contribution so far, some people of importance at Arsenal are this seeing also, but you picked the wrong moment to 'join in'...he did make an 'assist' after coming on late in the game, maybe that wake-up call he got from the 'Arsenal end' and all the negatives regarding his comments have suddenly made him 'aware' of home truths.

The pass to Tav was the right pass at the right time, if Tav had blasted his shot high and wide we would have groaned, but that wouldn't have been Zelamens fault, sure the guy has proved to us he's not much worth to us (or Arsenal for that matter) but he's maybe getting a 'learning progress' that comes with age.

Zalelem hasn't set the house on fire because he 'doesn't like it up here' who can blame him for that? Now he finds himself in a situation, this is your life mate...what do you want to do?

His pass to Tav was as instructed...'don't punt it into the box'

Welcome to Gersnet.

Do you not think we need an out and out striker and a better quality of CB than Kiernan?

No, we need a better quality CB than Wilson though. I find it strange you single out Kiernan for criticism whilst Wilson has been a bomb scare since coming bavk to the Club

Max you really need to learn to appreciate the beautiful country you live in. People pay a fortune to come and see the beautiful sceneries that Scotland have. You can open a tap and have all the water you want. Admittedly You can step outside and get all the water you want.:D Unfortunately people mostly only see the negative things of where they live. Scotland really is beautiful. I only appreciated that after I left.

Believe me living abroad does leave a big miss in your heart.

Speak for yourself :D