Transfer Deadline Day: Michael O'Halloran signs until 2020

You say that as if it is the only jurisdiction we are looking at. Which patently is not the case.

You can unearth diamonds anywhere.

So are we now looking for players at the same places as hibz, hertz, aberdeen etc ?

If so we'll be back to the early 1980's before we know it?

I don't think he's anywhere as good as them otherwise someone would have signed him by now

Time will tell as it did with McCarthy and McArthur.

I still think this shows a distinct lack of ambition by us looking at Scottish-based players

It would be gross ineptitude not to look at what's on our doorstep.

When we signed Black,Shiels and I think Sandaza?,they were all players of the season for their clubs?

A better manager than McCoist would have got more from these players.Much more.

They all didn't suddenly become bad or mediocre players.

Time will tell as it did with McCarthy and McArthur

It would be gross ineptitude not to look at what's on our doorstep.

Of course it will but I dont want to see us shelling out excessive transfer fees & thousand p.w. on wages for these players only to discover they're not as good as we'd hoped. Sign Crawford by all means but not on the sort of contract McCoist handed out all too often

Edited by RANGERRAB

Of course it will but I dont want to see us shelling out excessive transfer fees & thousand p.w. on wages for these players only to discover they're not as good as we'd hoped. Sign Crawford by all means but not on the sort of contract McCoist handed out all too often

There's an element of gamble in every single transfer.

We won't be shelling out excessive fees on anyone for a long, long time if ever.

It may have escaped your notice but McCoist is long gone and it's a completely different culture at all levels of the club.

So you think they were/are good players and McCoist made them worse?

McCoist was a poor manager with little tactical expertise who was found out big style in the lower divisions.

These players suffered as a result when part-time managers out-thought McCoist and they were made to look bad.

There's an element of gamble in every single transfer.

We won't be shelling out excessive fees on anyone for a long, long time if ever.

It may have escaped your notice but McCoist is long gone and it's a completely different culture at all levels of the club.

Of course every transfer is a gamble. I'd never dispute that.

However if we wish to challenge the yahoos for the title again then we will need to spend on better quality players than we've currently got. My question is where that money will come from. Mr King? Does he have the financial resources the SOS, RST led us to believe he had?

Of course McCoist is gone(thankfully) but I'd guess the contracts Foderingham, Kiernan, Tavernier etc are on aren't much different from those Shiels, Templeton and(unfortunately) Bell got

McCoist was a poor manager with little tactical expertise who was found out big style in the lower divisions.

These players suffered as a result when part-time managers out-thought McCoist and they were made to look bad.

So what about the players that are still with us under MW?