Transfer Deadline Day: Michael O'Halloran signs until 2020

Of course every transfer is a gamble. I'd never dispute that.

However if we wish to challenge the yahoos for the title again then we will need to spend on better quality players than we've currently got. My question is where that money will come from. Mr King? Does he have the financial resources the SOS, RST led us to believe he had?

Of course McCoist is gone(thankfully) but I'd guess the contracts Foderingham, Kiernan, Tavernier etc are on aren't much different from those Shiels, Templeton and(unfortunately) Bell got

Your question/doubts regarding Mr King will be answered very soon!,he has already said he(the board) will invest so there is no point debating otherwise until we see what transpires!

Your question/doubts regarding Mr King will be answered very soon!,he has already said he(the board) will invest so there is no point debating otherwise until we see what transpires!

I genuinely hope he does & the rumours I have heard are nonsense.

You mean the likes of Shiels, Templeton, Bell etc.

Only guesing but I think they'll all get released when their contracts expire

But if MW keeps telling us they are good players, as did McCoist,where does that leave your opinion that McCoist made them worse players?

However if we wish to challenge the yahoos for the title again then we will need to spend on better quality players than we've currently got. My question is where that money will come from. Mr King? Does he have the financial resources the SOS, RST led us to believe he had?

Jesus wept.

Of course McCoist is gone(thankfully) but I'd guess the contracts Foderingham, Kiernan, Tavernier etc are on aren't much different from those Shiels, Templeton and(unfortunately) Bell got

As I said it's a completely different culture, the Board won't be handing out contracts they can't afford and I doubt Warburton would wish them to do so. Warburton knows his budget is limited, how many times does he have to say he'll only sign "players that can add value" that's added value in both playing and financial senses.

Edited by forlanssister

I'm not high up in how a football club should be run 'money wise'...all I know is Rangers are the richest club in Scotland due to their fanbase. I'm a little baffled as to why we can't spend money any more?

Are we all kidding ourselves on?

I'm not high up in how a football club should be run 'money wise'...all I know is Rangers are the richest club in Scotland due to their fanbase. I'm a little baffled as to why we can't spend money any more?

Are we all kidding ourselves on?

No but we have some millstones to remove from our neck before we can regain our rightful place.

Jesus wept.

As I said it's a completely different culture, the Board won't be handing out contracts they can't afford and I doubt Warburton would wish them to do so. Warburton knows his budget is limited, how many times does he have to say he'll only sign "players that can add value" that's added value in both playing and financial senses.

At long last we have a manager who makes us look like a 21st century football team. As we progress he will want more resources and there is nothing untoward in asking where these resources(financial) will come from.