Transfer Deadline Day: Michael O'Halloran signs until 2020

Rab,

Lets just pretend the Christmas fairy has arrived and asked you to nominate the board of your choice, who would it be. You spent long enough with your merry little band of men on here trying to rubbish King before he came through, and it's clear that you (and you are not alone) can't let go of it. However it's easy to be negative without adding anything positive. The stage is yours - who should it be?

Rab,

Lets just pretend the Christmas fairy has arrived and asked you to nominate the board of your choice, who would it be. You spent long enough with your merry little band of men on here trying to rubbish King before he came through, and it's clear that you (and you are not alone) can't let go of it. However it's easy to be negative without adding anything positive. The stage is yours - who should it be?

I'm not suggesting for a minute that anyone currently on the board should be removed. Far from it. Since the new board got appointed they have done a fine job and I acknowledge that.

But I do have reservations about Mr King. Going around putting the idea that we'd have £30m to see us challenge for the title may well come back to bite him before long especially as this season isn't going to be the stroll many thought. Without getting in at least 2 or 3 quality players next month may well see us in the play-offs again. That is why I believe some of that £30m may well be required next month. Is it available? If so how much & where is it coming from?

That is why I believe some of that £30m may well be required next month. Is it available? If so how much & where is it coming from?

You're making a big assumption that Warburton sees spending millions as a way of solving the current slump. I personally don't believe that he does. So unless you are suggesting that King forces him to spend exactly what is 'available' how will you ever know what the board has to spend? Bottom line is - you won't. But the shallow minded that believe everything is always solved be throwing money at it will quite happily use it to discredit King as it suits their agenda.

You're making a big assumption that Warburton sees spending millions as a way of solving the current slump. I personally don't believe that he does. So unless you are suggesting that King forces him to spend exactly what is 'available' how will you ever know what the board has to spend? Bottom line is - you won't. But the shallow minded that believe everything is always solved be throwing money at it will quite happily use it to discredit King as it suits their agenda.

You're not seriously suggesting all is well on the playing side are you? We are still well short in some areas & this will need addressed. Another season outside the top division is unthinkable for financial reasons alone

You're not seriously suggesting all is well on the playing side are you? We are still well short in some areas & this will need addressed. Another season outside the top division is unthinkable for financial reasons alone

No I'm not. I don't know where you drew that conclusion from, but anyway........you obviously believe that the only way to add to\improve a side is by spending millions , or as much as you can get out of the board. I don't believe that Warburton works that way. He will look for 'enough' to get what he wants but not necessarily everything the board can offer him. So you wont ever know in my view what the board were willing to put up, but it won't stop you believing 'rumours elsewhere' :-) and creating your own.

So are we now looking for players at the same places as hibz, hertz, aberdeen etc ?

If so we'll be back to the early 1980's before we know it?

Try reading before typing, it will help you tremendously Rab......

Again.... are you saying that the ONLY place we are looking for players is Scotland ???

A better manager than McCoist would have got more from these players.Much more.

They all didn't suddenly become bad or mediocre players.

But surely they are bad players given they played in Scotland..... as per your suggestion....

Are you even sure what you are actually arguing for and against Rab ? :P

I'm not high up in how a football club should be run 'money wise'...all I know is Rangers are the richest club in Scotland due to their fanbase. I'm a little baffled as to why we can't spend money any more?

Are we all kidding ourselves on?

If we are going to consider ourselves the biggest Club in Scotland and wish to sit atop the game again then we will need to spend heavier on wages, it is just how the industry works.

However, we need to ensure that money in > money out otherwise we end up in the same situation as 3 years ago.

We have the biggest fanbase but one of the major sources of income is gone (merchandising) thanks to the charlatans known as Green & Ashley. That is a significant drain on monies. Also, ST's are a major source of revenue... but right now we cant charge SPL prices as we aren't in the top league, so more money not coming in that we could be doing with... you then have to look at how much mismanagement the previous custodians were involved in, for example, the stadium needs a refurb.... so more money going OUT that we could have done without.

You can have the largest fanbase in the country, but if you don't manage your finances properly you can, and will, end up broke. How else do you think it happened 3 years ago ?

Nothing wrong with loan players. The type we should be looking at (from EPL) are those on the fringes of the first team not the likes of Oduwa and Zelalem who aren't. Ball has been on Spurs' bench before maybe that's one reason why he's done better than the other two.

We need to recruit at least one striker next month whether a loan signing or not

Zelalem has played in the Champions League for Arsenal before.... how does that sit in with your suggestion above Rab ?

That's not even close to what Anchorman was saying.

His point is that you are saying unless we spend 30 million then King has under-provided but Warburton perhaps doesn't believe we need to spend a lot. VERY different from suggesting all is well on the playing front.

Just because a Board says "here is 30 million to spend" doesn't mean every coach will spend it. Some are like Wenger who appreciate the business side of a Club and spend well within their means... whilst others are like Mourinho who will spend every penny offered and then check your pockets for change too.....