David Weir...

The Herald obituary gives JS 381 goals. Probably includes Glasgow Cup, Glasgow Charity Cup and wartime games. Rangers Hall of Fame gives him a "huge tally of goals including 300 in both peace and wartime league matches."

Either way, it doesn't detract from the point you make about Super.

Smith scored more league goals scott but ally has scored more goals overall and wont beat overtaken in our life time bro..

Damp squib? That's a kind description of him IMO. He was found out time and time again in the lower leagues by managers of teams on a fraction of the budget he had.

He kept his job(& the ridiculous salary) because the previous unpopular board were effectively using him as a shield to protect themselves and wouldn't get rid off him. That was unsustainable & eventually he left when the results & performances became so bad there was no alternative.

My biggest worry is that our support are expecting too much too soon of MW & SDoW and the team they've assembled since the start of the season. As I said in an earlier post there's only usually one player in their starting XI from last season & there's certainly 2 or 3 positions still needing strengthened most notably up front. Getting a striker of the calibre we need won't be easy with the money we're likely to have to spend though. You need only look at the money the yahoos have wasted on strikers these last few years to see what I mean.

Haven't seen Rangers facts twisted so much outside of Timidom...

Teams who are "found out time and again", don't go through a season unbeaten. You might not like McCoist and he wasn't a great manager, but there is no need to do the "say something derogatory often enough and it becomes fact" stuff, when it's patently not true when you look at the facts. When you are overly derogatory you are just being insulting - as you'd expect from a rival. When you are insulting about your own manager about how we played, you're also insulting the club - especially by pretty much ignoring the problems we've had, which you'd think a Rangers fan would get.

By all accounts McCoist did a job that was the most difficult in Scottish football history for 3 and a half years (whether you think he was any good or not), and he left when Llambias came in and made an increasingly arduous job virtually impossible - as can be seen by our drop in results at that time, which two subsequent managers couldn't correct - one without Lliambias and the shit board - who was probably the most highly rated manager in Scotland a few year back.

The strange thing is that taking your comments at face value and factoring in Whyte and admin, the shit board, the fan boycott etc, you look at the results and it would seem that without the shit we had and with a bright new dawn, with the fans back and a progressive management team, it would be difficult to argue that we made any progress at all compared to a manager you think is so shit.

There has been improvement in results but it's been pretty marginal (worse than two years ago and not much better than the start we had 4 years ago) and could easily be wholly attributed to the improved situation of the club.

As I've said before, if McCoist was found out by all the other managers, the facts and mitigating circumstances, make our current management team look not that much better and any optimism would misplaced - apart from some nicer football to watch now and again.

Basically you're coming out with the rhetoric that we were completely shite, when we weren't THAT bad. I would say that's a strange position for a fan. I can ignore that kind of crap from the Tims but not when it's from one of our own.

Teams who are "found out time and again", don't go through a season unbeaten. You might not like McCoist and he wasn't a great manager, but there is no need to do the "say something derogatory often enough and it becomes fact" stuff, when it's patently not true when you look at the facts. When you are overly derogatory you are just being insulting - as you'd expect from a rival. When you are insulting about your own manager about how we played, you're also insulting the club - especially by pretty much ignoring the problems we've had, which you'd think a Rangers fan would get.

By all accounts McCoist did a job that was the most difficult in Scottish football history for 3 and a half years (whether you think he was any good or not), and he left when Llambias came in and made an increasingly arduous job virtually impossible - as can be seen by our drop in results at that time, which two subsequent managers couldn't correct - one without Lliambias and the shit board - who was probably the most highly rated manager in Scotland a few year back.

The strange thing is that taking your comments at face value and factoring in Whyte and admin, the shit board, the fan boycott etc, you look at the results and it would seem that without the shit we had and with a bright new dawn, with the fans back and a progressive management team, it would be difficult to argue that we made any progress at all compared to a manager you think is so shit.

There has been improvement in results but it's been pretty marginal (worse than two years ago and not much better than the start we had 4 years ago) and could easily be wholly attributed to the improved situation of the club.

As I've said before, if McCoist was found out by all the other managers, the facts and mitigating circumstances, make our current management team look not that much better and any optimism would misplaced - apart from some nicer football to watch now and again.

Basically you're coming out with the rhetoric that we were completely shite, when we weren't THAT bad. I would say that's a strange position for a fan. I can ignore that kind of crap from the Tims but not when it's from one of our own.

Explained.....

Well seen you didn't to go many of the games under McCoist's tenure.

Our football was utter garbage virtually without exception.

McCoist's only strategy was to wait 'til the plumbers and posties tired and finish them off in the last quarter. A reasonable strategy provided of course you do something in the first three quarters to exhaust them. Ian Black couldn't have tired out my granny. She could have sat all day with her knitting on the eighteen yard line watching him turning and wheeling laboriously in the distance.

I spoke to Ally in Dave King's house in 2010, he gave us impression that when he took over, we would be playing all out attacking football.

I could not believe it when watching us with Ally in charge, when almost every time we got a lead, if we did not score another within 5/10 minutes, we would drop back and defend our lead.

Disappointment does not even begin to describe it.

I loved Ally as a player and will always consider him to be a Rangers Legend, especially for the way he stood by us from 2012, but as a Manager, I am afraid he did not do it for me.

Saying that, I would love to see him back at Ibrox in some capacity