David Weir...

Well seen you didn't to go many of the games under McCoist's tenure.

Our football was utter garbage virtually without exception.

As I've said before, I watched games on TV when available and any highlights I could find, which may not be anywhere near the same as watching every game live, but there is a distinction to seeing football you find pleasing and getting results.

Also, I recall seeing plenty of stuff on telly and online that wasn't "utter garbage", especially the first half of the first season, and I saw plenty of games on TV or streams where while it wasn't scintillating it was perfectly watchable and somewhat enjoyable - and with far less long balls than was moaned about. The last game I was able to get to was the Newcastle game, and that was really enjoyable.

The fact you found it all "utter garbage without exception", I think has quite a big proportion of being your own problem. Are you sure you would find the football of the likes of Struth that enjoyable? If so, how do you know?

As I've said before, there are plenty of football fans who follow lesser teams with lesser players (postmen and plumbers and all) who play worse football and who also don't have the benefit of much hope of winning anything far less winning a title while never losing a game. Under that premise, I have more respect for a not so successful manager than a fan that labels his own team "utter garbage" when the results just don't bear that out. I really didn't think we were that kind of people.

As I said that kind of trash talk goes beyond just insulting our manager, it insults the team and club. Can you imagine a Tim vandalising our wiki page, saying Rangers are a club that play utter garbage football without exception..? It seems you'd be fine with it.

I think I should reiterate the main point I was making - no matter how horrible the football a team plays under a manager, it is hard to justify the opinion that he was "found out" by the other managers, if the team don't lose a single game to any of them.

McCoist's desire to go the whole season without a defeat actually cost us dear.

Playing a clearly injured John Daly when the league was won virtually ended Daly's career whilst our youngsters were twiddling there thumbs in the stands.

When you quote me have the decency to do it correctly.

Well seen you didn't to go many of the games under McCoist's tenure.

Our football was utter garbage virtually without exception.

McCoist's style of football was utter garbage it really was utter garbage and plenty will testify to that fact.

As I said that kind of trash talk goes beyond just insulting our manager, it insults the team and club. Can you imagine a Tim vandalising our wiki page, saying Rangers are a club that play utter garbage football without exception..? It seems you'd be fine with it.

That's simply bollocks and is up there with the SNP shite that questioning the SNP is an attack on Scotland itself.

Playing a clearly injured John Daly when the league was won virtually ended Daly's career whilst our youngsters were twiddling there thumbs in the stands.

Many of the youngster that got a game were slagged off by many of the fans, especially when the results were a bit ropey to start with while playing a load of them. The likes of Aird got plenty of game time and still gets slagged off. That's pretty contradictory about what it cost us.

Like "virtually" was sooo important to the meaning... I will endeavour to quote you fully in future.

McCoist's style of football was utter garbage it really was utter garbage and plenty will testify to that fact.

Popularity of opinion does nothing for its veracity - as you should know about certain popular opinion about the status of our history. In any case, it's not relevant and highly subjective, whereas league football in reality is about the objective metric of collection of points - and to get the better of a manager, you have to beat him in the game and on your position on the table.

Schumacher might have been boring and had advantage of the best and most expensive car, and might have been keeping a younger driver out of a seat, but you can't just say that the other drivers had found him out, or that he was garbage. It's not quite the same as it could be argued that he had higher quality opposition but again that's subjective and does not detract from the point.

That's simply bollocks and is up there with the SNP shite that questioning the SNP is an attack on Scotland itself.

That's simply bollocks. It's not about questioning McCoist: you are saying the team were utter shite, IF they weren't utter shite, that obviously makes it an insult and defaming the club. At least have the decency to not twist my words. Winning the league, no matter what style you play, or advantage you have, can hardly be described objectively as garbage. As alluded to earlier, Celtic fans usually have the opinion that we've always played garbage football, while they were the "cavaliers".

Although the veracity of "utter shite" is always subjective, the point is that you'd expect someone with affection for the club to be a bit more diplomatic due to the contentious nature of the accusation (actually you'd expect them to be far, far kinder). You certainly go to a lot more games than me but perhaps that make you feel justified about putting the boot in when you feel like it - that's just not the way I feel about the club.

N

Agree with your comment regarding McCoist, but the SNP do not say questioning them is an attack on Scotland. I'm not in SNP btw.

Many of the youngster that got a game were slagged off by many of the fans, especially when the results were a bit ropey to start with while playing a load of them. The likes of Aird got plenty of game time and still gets slagged off. That's pretty contradictory about what it cost us.

Aird won't make it at Rangers sad but a fact of life. Many, many fans were imploring McCoist to play youngsters.

Like "virtually" was sooo important to the meaning... I will endeavour to quote you fully in future.

It appears it was important enough to edit out though.

Popularity of opinion does nothing for its veracity - as you should know about certain popular opinion about the status of our history. In any case, it's not relevant and highly subjective, whereas league football in reality is about the objective metric of collection of points - and to get the better of a manager, you have to beat him in the game and on your position on the table.

Neither does popularity of opinion detract from its veracity.

When you're crawling up the leagues the next season is as important as the one you are playing, something McCoist couldn't see. What was more important playing injured players to maintain an unbeaten record or fully preparing for promotion the following season?

Schumacher might have been boring and had advantage of the best and most expensive car, and might have been keeping a younger driver out of a seat, but you can't just say that the other drivers had found him out, or that he was garbage. It's not quite the same as it could be argued that he had higher quality opposition but again that's subjective and does not detract from the point.

Schumacher was fit for purpose McCoist and his merry band of overpaid under-performing journeymen clearly were not.

That's simply bollocks. It's not about questioning McCoist: you are saying the team were utter shite, IF they weren't utter shite, that obviously makes it an insult and defaming the club. At least have the decency to not twist my words. Winning the league, no matter what style you play, or advantage you have, can hardly be described objectively as garbage. As alluded to earlier, Celtic fans usually have the opinion that we've always played garbage football, while they were the "cavaliers".

It's a fact the team under McCoist, McCoist's team however you want to describe it was utter shite to watch and no attempt at rewriting history will alter that.

Defaming the Club? Seriously get a f*&king life before you extrapolate yourself out of the universe.

I happen to think the Scotch Pies at Ibrox are utter shite too is that also an attack on the Club?

Who gives a flying f*&k what Tims think of our style of play?

Although the veracity of "utter shite" is always subjective, the point is that you'd expect someone with affection for the club to be a bit more diplomatic due to the contentious nature of the accusation (actually you'd expect them to be far, far kinder). You certainly go to a lot more games than me but perhaps that make you feel justified about putting the boot in when you feel like it - that's just not the way I feel about the club.

Contentious, accusation, nah simply a statement of fact regarding what I witnessed week in week out.

I don't think actually going to the games makes me a bigger fan than anyone else never have, never will, but by the same token I don't take seriously someone telling me something is white when I seen it black with my own eyes.

My mate used his season ticket about twice last season due mainly to the quality of the football.

I used my season ticket every game cos I'm a ranger thru and thru just like back in the late 60s and early 70s and early 80s. We lit newspapers at home games to keep us warm but still went to every game...

My mate used his season ticket about twice last season due mainly to the quality of the football.

It was murder last season trying to run a bus, for every text that said, "I'm not giving those bastards another penny" there were two saying "I'm not going to watch that pish".