Rangers could face punishment over sectarian chanting

No mention of their 8 UEFA fines in three years?,or the stadium wrecking?,or their Iraoke?.

On a side note when the Rangers fans are getting hammered by all and sundry did the Motherwell fans get their punishment for the game against us last year?

No, no, no

and

No

As we all know and have all said it is us and only us that get slaughtered by the high heid yins,and it is claimed there is no agenda against us.

It is up to the Rangers board to challenge this & make sure this doesn't happen isn't it?

The Scottish Professional Football League will wait to see what its match delegate has to say before deciding whether to take action against Rangers over sectarian chanting during Monday's clash with Hibernian.

The banned Billy Boys song could be clearly heard being sung by the home support during the Ladbrokes Championship fixture on Monday.

Now the club could face potential punishment if the SPFL's delegate decides to raise the matter when he submits his report on the match, won 4-2 by Mark Warburton's team.

A league spokesman said: "There was a delegate at the match and we will receive his report in due course. Until we see that report we are not in a position to comment."

In 2006, UEFA fined Rangers and also ordered the club to make a public announcement at all their home games pointing out the chanting of the Billy Boys was banned after it was heard during a Champions League clash with Villarreal.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/14172101.Rangers_could_face_punishment_over_sectarian_chanting/

it's been banned by UEFA for their games. ( after being cleared then appealed) The song isn't banned anywhere else. As long s the line with ******s in it isn't sung, it's perfectly legal.

No one cares that it's about Billy Fullarton......it's inspirational and galvanises our support. That's the real reason tims lobbied Uefa to have it banned.....nothing else !

I have a friend who lives in barrowfield near the monkeys park some satudsay if we are away I go visit him I take him for a pint to Bridgeton cross so we walk down the road and some of the songs and chants we hear are nothing short of disgusting one was in relation to the soldier lee rigby and the coppers stand and listen and watch and do nothing as my pal says ,it looks like the have council permission to do as they like .

I have a friend who lives in barrowfield near the monkeys park some satudsay if we are away I go visit him I take him for a pint to Bridgeton cross so we walk down the road and some of the songs and chants we hear are nothing short of disgusting one was in relation to the soldier lee rigby and the coppers stand and listen and watch and do nothing as my pal says ,it looks like the have council permission to do as they like .

I think this goes higher up than council level that turns a blind eye to the yahoos anti-British misdemeanours

It's been banned from Uefa games....nowhere else

It hasn't....as they can't ban a song.

The "sectarian nature" of it's words was fined and and any repeat would be a fine.

It's not banned as a song....UEFA can't ban a song.