Spiers and The Herald have a slice of humble pie.

As our admin over on the German board can't stop saying: The "impartial" media always demands its rights, and its freedom. What it time and again fails to live up to though are its obligations. For they also have a duty to fulfill and the likes of Spiers, McLaughlin and so many others have failed miserably. Sadly enough, there is an ingrained self-defence mechanism in that ilk, so they defend "their own" with teeth and claw, no matter what. Self-criticism is apparently not a topic in their education.

Right that's it my Lawyers are on to you. The word trying can also be used in a detrimental sense and I am offended by that.:D

I'm offended by that post Pete...think I'll go make a cup of tea then think about it to see if I'm really offended or just being offended for the sake of it.

May be more time on the telly.:facepalm:

Yeah they will appear on the telly...STV are guilty of following the BBC Scotland format...Spiers still gets a wee punt when STV promote their gawd awful programme too.

We live in the dark ages in Scotland...seems to be the way ahead apparently. Religion is rife, proddy's and Catholics. Stir it up underhandedly is the call.

http://www.holdthefrontpage.co.uk/2016/news/regional-daily-says-sorry-for-column-after-pressure-from-football-club/

This publication is aimed at the journalism industry.

It would appear that Rangers - the club - are guilty of no more than requesting clarification.

The Herald decided, on the advice of its lawyers, that it could not defend Spiers' statement.

... A spokesman for Rangers FC told HTFP: “There was no legal complaint or legal action made against The Herald on behalf of Rangers. Rangers simply asked if The Herald and its writers could prove the allegations.

“The outcome was an apology and the club is entirely satisfied with that.”

... “That left us with a legal issue which had to be addressed. The matter was discussed at length by all parties involved and, on legal advice, we published the apology.

“The issue we had was whether we could defend the contentious statement in court and the advice given was that we could not. That left us with no other option other than to apologise.”