Spiers and The Herald have a slice of humble pie.

Ban these idiots from Ibrox. We pander far too much to guys like Spiers. Rangers fans need to boycott anything with them on it. I haven't listened to a phone in for years. Or bought a paper that emplys them. Ban them, ignore them and carry on with re building our club

Not sure whether it is already mentioned above, but someone collected the long list of Spiers' lies and half-truths ...

https://spierslies.wordpress.com/

A legendary FF article from Jaaz but IIRC some of the quotes are inaccurate.

However, the overall piece paints the picture of what Spiers is about when it comes to commenting on Rangers.

A legendary FF article from Jaaz but IIRC some of the quotes are inaccurate.

However, the overall piece paints the picture of what Spiers is about when it comes to commenting on Rangers.

It also show how long he's been at it as the latest article is more than 10 years old.

The Herald must be desperate if they have re-employed him. I'm just glad he's been punted by the (London) Times, and hopefully my complaint played a little part in that. Hopefully his blog will see him get punted from yet another position.

I think Spiers is freelance nowadays but regularly features in the Herald and on the BBC - as well as the Times now and again still.

He's a joke and I find it incredible anyone wants to employ him when it comes to his football work, never mind giving evidence to Scottish Government committees.

Who’s next in line for the bully boys?

By Robbie Dinwoodie

IN 42 years in print journalism I have never come across a worse failure of a newspaper to back a writer than that of The Herald and Graham Spiers.

I left The Herald four months ago on good terms and the paper had my loyalty for 28 years. Should a reporter get something wrong there is a duty to raise a hand and accept responsibility. But when a journalist insists on and can prove the veracity of a story an editor should provide full backing. That’s the deal.

Yesterday this apology was carried by the newspaper’s website: “In a recent column for heraldscotland, Graham Spiers said an un-named Rangers director had praised the song The Billy Boys.

“He also questioned the willingness of Rangers directors to tackle offensive behaviour, and The Herald and Graham Spiers accept this was inaccurate.”

But Spiers, himself a Rangers supporter who was once given police advice on threats from the club’s fanatics, did not and does not accept this. “My opinion – as expressed in my column – was based on a truthful account of my meeting with a Rangers director,” he insisted yesterday in a statement saying “the pressure brought upon the newspaper became severe.”

A hard-line fans’ website swiftly boasted that the threat of withdrawal of £40,000 in advertising revenues by motor sales and coach operators Park’s clinched the climb-down. The owner is a Rangers director. I hope this is not true.

The irony is that this website — the same unsavoury crowd who recently threatened critics and their wives and children — loudly trumpet the merits of the full bigoted songbook at Ibrox. The previous article proclaimed the Billy Boys football’s “haka” for the Protestant Unionist Loyalist community.

It used to be press passes and access which were threatened. If it’s advertising, who’s next?

https://robbiedinwoodie.wordpress.com/2016/01/28/whos-next-in-line-for-the-bully-boys/

But Spiers, himself a Rangers supporter who was once given police advice on threats from the club’s fanatics, did not and does not accept this. “My opinion – as expressed in my column – was based on a truthful account of my meeting with a Rangers director,” he insisted

So there are 2 options here:

1. Spiers is a lying scumbag

2. Spiers is telling some version of the truth and reported something that was clearly off-the-record and is therefore a untrustworthy scumbag of a journalist.

So there are 2 options here:

1. Spiers is a lying scumbag

2. Spiers is telling some version of the truth and reported something that was clearly off-the-record and is therefore a untrustworthy scumbag of a journalist.

So if he is not lying then it is the Herald that should be taking flak!,not the Rangers fans or the club!,he is obviously lying or he would produce evidence?