Spiers and The Herald have a slice of humble pie.

Of course!,however is there anything stopping the fans groups from releasing a statement calling out the lies from the Morton chairman and the witch in the edinburgh evening news?,and also informing the club of these concerns?,if they contact the club and the club does not respond then they should say so!,it's not that difficult!

I wholeheartedly agree with all of what you say there Ian!!

The problem I have with this is that it sends out two messages...

1). The Herald apologises.

2). Rangers fans are bigots who chant/sing offensive songs.

In a recent column for heraldscotland, Graham Spiers said an un-named Rangers director had praised the song The Billy Boys.

He also questioned the willingness of Rangers directors to tackle offensive behaviour, and The Herald and Graham Spiers accept this was inaccurate.

We acknowledge every member of the Rangers board is fully committed to fighting bigotry and offensive chanting, wherever it occurs in Scottish football, and that the club is actively tackling the issue.

We apologise for any embarrassment that may have been caused to the members of the Rangers board.

Spiers will be having a sneaky snigger to himself.

Richard M Nixon ''I'm not a crook''

Graham A Spiers "'I'm not a liar''

I didn't believe Nixon back then, and i don't believe Spiers today.

Bill Clinton : 'I Did Not Have Sexual Relations With That Woman'

:)

GRAHAM SPIERS STATEMENT

JANUARY 27TH, 2016

THE HERALD’S APOLOGY TO RANGERS FC

I feel I need to explain the context of The Herald clarification/apology published today regarding my column about Rangers FC and the fight against bigoted chanting.

Rangers took exception to a column I wrote in which I questioned “the mettle” of the current club board in tackling offensive chanting.

This opinion was based on the fact that, at a meeting I attended at Ibrox Stadium on August 31st 2015, a Rangers director told me that he thought The Billy Boys was “a great song”.

I subsequently expressed my dismay at the director’s comment in an email exchange with Rangers. There was, and is, no question of me calling any Rangers director a bigot.

Rangers duly complained to The Herald about my column. As the weeks passed a dispute arose, and the pressure brought upon the newspaper became severe.

The Herald told me repeatedly that they now had to find a way to a public resolution with Rangers. Having searched many avenues to reach an agreement with the club, the newspaper ultimately denied my request to withhold any clarification/apology until my own position was clearer.

The Herald has never told me that they disbelieved my version of events. I also retain the highest regard for Magnus Llewellin, the paper’s editor who has tried to resolve this problem.

My opinion – as expressed in my column – was based on a truthful account of my meeting with a Rangers director.

ABOUT GRAHAM SPIERS

Graham Spiers is a Scottish sports journalist who currently writes for The Herald and The Times, and also works for the BBC. He has won Scotland’s Sports Journalist of the Year award four times.