Chairman’s Update To Supporters

Thursday, 04 February 2016, 14:00

by Rangers Football Club

Work is also ongoing to merge the existing supporters groups. The new organisation that emerges will provide Rangers fans with a way to get even closer to the Club and to increase the supporter shareholding position.

http://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/chairmans-update-supporters/

Why is this statement being made by the chairman of the club? The fans groups should be completely independent of the club, the last thing we need is another company union type organisation.

"Work is also ongoing to merge the existing supporters groups. The new organisation that emerges will provide Rangers fans with a way to get even closer to the Club and to increase the supporter shareholding position."

That's good, the way it should be. Don't understand why the club chairman would make that statement, he seems to run off at the mouth at times. Just like he did when talking about buying the old company back.

Can plgsarmy or any one else shed any light on the identity of those taking part in the "merger" talks and confirm or deny the rumour that the Club's plan is that the new unified Board will hold all the monies contributed by fans and use these on a 50%/50% basis to buy shares and otherwise invest in the Club?

Can plgsarmy or any one else shed any light on the identity of those taking part in the "merger" talks and confirm or deny the rumour that the Club's plan is that the new unified Board will hold all the monies contributed by fans and use these on a 50%/50% basis to buy shares and otherwise invest in the Club?

Both the RF and RST between them, should have built up a large cash balance in their bank's at this stage. 50% of that towards shares and 50% towards the club, merging both cash balances would be a significant sum? I really hope the joint fans group receives something significant in return for our money.

I don't think it's my place to name individuals but there are representatives from the RST, RF, the Assembly, the Association and the Rangers Fans Board. In addition, it is not the Club's plan. The Club is merely facilitating the talks but is not involved in the decision making process.

I don't think it's my place to name individuals but there are representatives from the RST, RF, the Assembly, the Association and the Rangers Fans Board. In addition, it is not the Club's plan. The Club is merely facilitating the talks but is not involved in the decision making process.

My understanding is that you, Gordon Dinnie and Chris Graham are representing RST.

I understand that Alan Fraser and another (Rev MacQuarrie?) is representing the RFB, which is strange since that organisation is defunct and that Andy Kerr is representing the Assembly which is also strange since that organsisation is another that appears to be defunct.

I also understand that Club Director(s) have been present and that the Club has appointed a consultant who used to work for or with John Gilligan ostensibly to assist the process.

Can you confirm any of the above?

I take it they will only have a say on things to do with the money they explicitly put in and will not talk for fans in a general capacity on any issues?

as long as that is the case then i don't see any issue. Fans are free to trust these guys with their money or not as they see fit

I take it they will only have a say on things to do with the money they explicitly put in and will not talk for fans in a general capacity on any issues?

It's a very wide remit according to the RF Proposal

As the supporters group will own shares in RIFC, it must be entirely independent of RIFC and the Club.

A new unified Board will be elected to co-ordinate and direct the operation of all of the functions identified above. The board will be appointed by contributors and members on a one member, one vote basis and will also be required to regularly consult with members through membership votes on key decisions. The Board will also be required to carry out its duties with regard to a common statement of purpose and values which will outline the values expected of Board members and the considerations to which they are to have reference in directing the group’s activities. The Board will have executive duties (e.g. PR, marketing, finance, share buying, finance, legal and administration) and officers will account to contributors and members for their performance. Prospective board members will be required to demonstrate that they can devote time to their position and duties and must make themselves available for Board and members’ meetings. Further discussions will be necessary to agree the number of members of any new Board with a maximum of between 6 to 8 directors under consideration.

My understanding is that you, Gordon Dinnie and Chris Graham are representing RST.

I understand that Alan Fraser and another (Rev MacQuarrie?) is representing the RFB, which is strange since that organisation is defunct and that Andy Kerr is representing the Assembly which is also strange since that organsisation is another that appears to be defunct.

I also understand that Club Director(s) have been present and that the Club has appointed a consultant who used to work for or with John Gilligan ostensibly to assist the process.

On these bare facts I would have to agree with you regarding RFB and Assembly, why are they involved. Suppose it could just be to get every section onboard looking for greater unity in finished group.

Personally I would have told RFB to do one.

Forgot to say also, why would club directors be present regularly at fans group merger talks?

Edited by BEARGER

Alan, some of the above is true and some isn't. This is currently a work in progress and we will hopefully be putting out a proposal soon. If you like it, fine. If not, nobody will be forced to join.

On these bare facts I would have to agree with you regarding RFB and Assembly, why are they involved. Suppose it could just be to get every section onboard looking for greater unity in finished group.

Personally I would have told RFB to do one.

Forgot to say also, why would club directors be present regularly at fans group merger talks?

My feeling entirely.

Alan, some of the above is true and some isn't. This is currently a work in progress and we will hopefully be putting out a proposal soon. If you like it, fine. If not, nobody will be forced to join.

Why would there be any secrecy about those who are involved in the talks?