Chairman’s Update To Supporters

It's a reassuring statement in some ways but nothing that we didn't really already know and little of any great substance.

A comment about future investment/ share issue might have been helpful, even if it was necessarily shrouded in caveats.

I don't understand how he can say "A further unanticipated investment was made to pay off the Sports Direct loan", surely that was always a known factor, only the timing being in doubt?

It's a reassuring statement in some ways but nothing that we didn't really already know and little of any great substance.

A comment about future investment/ share issue might have been helpful, even if it was necessarily shrouded in caveats.

I don't understand how he can say "A further unanticipated investment was made to pay off the Sports Direct loan", surely that was always a known factor, only the timing being in doubt?

The timing was never known. We didn't have to pay them back now.

I expect he's nervous about saying to much. One rocket on here was recently criticising him for being 2 years into his investment promises despite him being in place less than a year.

It was unanticipated because the strategy had previously been a 'holistic approach' which stated that there was no intention to pay-off the loan in the short to medium term.........and certainly unanticipated wrt cashflow.

The club need to communicate in this way so as to let the fans know what is going on, countering some of the tiresome, often uninformed and repetitive reports/attacks coming from the media (traditional & social), some of which serve to agitate.

So far Its a job well done. Sure there are things that could have went better and minor mistakes were made but overall we are in a far better position than last year.

Onwards and upwards

Everything on schedule this season. The team is a vast improvement on last season's shambles under McCoist and we're on course for promotion which is imperative for financial reasons alone. Winning the SC would be good to get us into the EL next season but not the end of the world if we don't.

However the team will need significant investment again in the summer if we're to make any impression next season providing we're promoted. That is the next big challenge for the board

Winning the SC would be good to get us into the EL next season but not the end of the world if we don't.

Christ! After Hibz reaching the final of the League Cup, and Ross County also joining them...The Scottish Cup is a serious probability for us. I'll be very disappointed if we don't WIN it and get us a EL place next season.

To me that reads as if it could be a sum in addition to the £5m repayment.

To me that reads as if it could be a sum in addition to the £5m repayment.

BH's comment confused me a little, but yes the way you read it is exactly how I took it to mean....

Edited by Bearman