Karyn McCluskey joins SPFL Board

Karyn, director with the Scottish Violence Reduction Unit, ...

I actually had to check the Guardian article to acquire the knowledge that the SVRU actually belongs to Strathclyde Police and isn't another semi-relevant organisation like NbM. Given the amount of Rangers haters amongst her fellow SPFL directors - most of whom hover there since long before the demise of the SPL (for whatever reason) - you do wonder what sort of stance she will take on. The cynic in my does not require three guesses ...

I got as far as "i'm actually not against gangs but what they do"

utter drivel.

I never got past she's an Honorary Lecturer at the University of Glasgow in the initial statement, nuff said....

According to a friend I met last night who was a cop, she's never met an angry man in her life.

The club has to jointly with Hearts take SPFL to task on this stupid appointment. Two of the biggest 3 clubs in the country are not represented at SPFL board level, but they see fit to appoint another Rangers-hater to join their cabal. One can only guess at her remit, but it doesnt take a genius to know we are not going to like it.

Why? I'm only guessing like us all but it seems like a sop appointment to the 'stop criminalising fans' brigade over the road: more understanding, less punishing, less laws.

Given we've had fans who have been affected by these laws, and since most don't care for them (I do, make no bones about it) why are we so opposed?