WATP Is The New BHEAST Target

I snorted aloud when reading the author's complaint about the use of "rats" and other degrading / dehumanising language:

But now I've composed myself I realise I should apologise on behalf of all my fellow Zombies, monkeys, Huns, DOBs, Herrenvolk and Klan members.

You are remiss on their favoured song. It begins, 'Hail hail', surely a fascist greeting?

More importantly, they sing loudest in the same ditty, 'we don't care what the animals say'?

Who are the animals?

See being atop of the moral high ground on demonisation and marginalisation!

More importantly, they sing loudest in the same ditty, 'we don't care what the animals say'?

Who are the animals?

To be fair 26th, we sang it first - again. I recall it being belted out in the late 60's from our end. That was the way we looked at them then. Tramps and animals.

To be fair 26th, we sang it first - again. I recall it being belted out in the late 60's from our end. That was the way we looked at them then. Tramps and animals.

I don't understand why we let them turn things around. In the 60's\70's they were the original Huns because of the Irish ties with Germany during the war. I have always said we should take Walk on away from them.

I don't understand why we let them turn things around. In the 60's\70's they were the original Huns because of the Irish ties with Germany during the war. I have always said we should take Walk on away from them.

I was on a 3 day holiday break away and found myself amongst a lively although slightly dim bunch of girls, one of whom continualy pushed the point that she was a clattie from Motherwell. My lesson from history that we Rangers fans made a habit of singing "Go home ya huns" as the sellik fans streamed out of the ground time after time didn't settle too well with that young girl.

Walk On belongs to Liverpool.

Totally agree with that but it has also become the Tims anthem. They have taken away our anthem so I think it would be a real stab in the groin to them if we started singing it. Apart from that it is a great song just a pity they use it.

The psalms also tell us to smash our enemies' babies heads on the rocks...

Psalm 137:9

Happy is the one who takes your babies and smashes them against the rocks!

(New Living Translation)

Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.

(King James Bible)

The bible is a bit bonkers...

It's called metaphor my friend..

Copied this from FF, I don't know the truth of it but i want to believe this :whistle::seal:

"Hitler said in his other book Me And The Hoops or Mein Hoops, he was a big fan of ra selik and used to listen to their games through the BBC, on a old radio smuggle into him in Prison. He heard them singing Heil heil and adopted it for the Nazis party"

It's called metaphor my friend..

Genuine question, have you actually read much of the bible? I recommend it, it's a huge eye opener. The biggest question you ask yourself incredulously is, "Have many people actually read much of this?" I very much doubt it's many - it's not what they teach in Sunday school... The whole thing must be some huge, and very difficult metaphor.

I'm not going to say anything for or against it, it is what it is. But I think most people should read it and then make up their own mind...

Sorry if this sounds off topic, but my point is that I'm not very comfortable with defending Rangers chants by using quotes from the bible - it's a bit of a minefield.

Edited by calscot

I've never subscribed to that theory. I doubt very much that the phrase was taken from the bible.

I believe that it evolved on its own due to the fact that we are indeed the people and not some nazi sympathising, terrorist loving, smelly team set up for sectarian purposes in the east end of Glasgow.

This has been debated about a dozen times over on FF as well. The first time I heard it was on an old Rangers Songs cassette, ere I heard it from the crowds in the mid 1990s. That song goes like this ...

A goal! A goal! (We are the people)

We are the people, who sing of victory,

... football glory from Kilmarnock to Dundee.

We follow Glasgow Rangers, our hearts are strong and true,

We are the people, who cheer the boys in Blue!

A goal! A goal! We’re ready to acclaim.

A goal! A goal! To win another game.

We follow Glasgow Rangers, our hearts are strong and true

We’ll be there at Ibrox, when Rangers take the field,

We follow on, to try and .... never lose.

And sixty thousand voices will cheer the whole game through:

A goal! A goal! We’re ready to acclaim.

A goal! A goal! To clinch another game.

We follow Glasgow Rangers, our hearts are strong and true

... but also in this one

Edited by der Berliner