RFFF statement - youth development at Auchenhowie proposed

I remember the reserve team used to fill the full enclosure and have sat in more than 5000 supporters for a Celtic v Rangers reserve game. A pity we now talk about not filling a 245 seater stand.

Back in the day I used to go to nearly every reserve game at Ibrox. Late 60s - early 70s

Back in the day I used to go to nearly every reserve game at Ibrox. Late 60s - early 70s

That is the time I am talking about. I remember a funny thing with my father. We had one of these moany negative guy's in front of us. My father said "I hope one of the players kick the ball out and it hits that idiot in the mouth and shuts him up." Just as would happen one of the players kicked the ball out direct at the moany guy. He saw it coming and ducked and my father got it full in the face.:)

I think I would have preferred the Museum idea - for the simple reason that the Museum can generate continual revenue - the construction of this stand doesn't provide any revenue stream.

Is a museum going to generate continual revenue? It'll get 30,000 visits in the first year and then a mere trickle thereafter, IMHO.

That is the time I am talking about. I remember a funny thing with my father. We had one of these moany negative guy's in front of us. My father said "I hope one of the players kick the ball out and it hits that idiot in the mouth and shuts him up." Just as would happen one of the players kicked the ball out direct at the moany guy. He saw it coming and ducked and my father got it full in the face.:)

Brilliant, or rather not for your dad and I wish it had got the moaning git. Wherever my dad and I went we always had one of those guys near us too. They all had their pet whipping boys

Edited by SteveC

Used to go to reserve league games too,remember Andy Penman making his debut on day Foinavon won Grand National,but have never been at any development games as they don't inspire me.

I remember thinking it was great at being able to get into the enclosure because it was cheaper than it was for first team games.

Have no ideas or preferences on use of money but good luck in the decision.

Used to go to reserve league games too,remember Andy Penman making his debut on day Foinavon won Grand National,but have never been at any development games as they don't inspire me.

I remember thinking it was great at being able to get into the enclosure because it was cheaper than it was for first team games.

Have no ideas or preferences on use of money but good luck in the decision.

I was in my dads car with the rest of my family heading to the Elliot Junction caravan site in Arbroath for a holiday that day. We heard the grand national result on the car radio.

I must admit, reserve matches weren't my bag.