Has the "Dream Team" Impressed you so far?

We are almost 2 months into the new management team and Im interested from far away to hear if the new regime has impressed or at least steadyed the ship?

Personally what ive so far is the defence tightened up (which was badly needed) but thats about it. Due to the defence being stringer we are naturally a more difficult team to beat.

Obviously the make over will take well into next season to show signs but it doesnt mean to say we cant improve on what we have. After all on paper we have arguably the best squad in the country, but our players dont turn up on match days.

One thing that hasnt help is being knocked out the domestic cups as it means we have had a lot of free weekends recently and we cant get into a regular swing. For instance Falkirk was dire but the Hapoel result was great.

But it also seems the honeymoon period died after the first game??

They've achieved in a couple of games what PLG couldn't do in 6 months, stop us leaking goals. Walter is building us from the back. He identified our main weakness and moved quickly to sort it. David Weir has been brilliant, wish we signed him all those years ago when he left Hearts. Kevin Thomson looks like he'll be a big player for us once fully fit.

Think we're getting closer to domestic consistency and once Walter is allowed to bring in a few more players, the title race will be much closer nexr season

WS first game in charge was a 5-0 beasting of Dundee Utd. We played well although had a few scary moments at the back.

His second game was away to Dunfermline, a 1-0 victory but we were shit! When then played Hearts (0-0) at Ibrox and played well in parts and were unlucky not to snatch a win. Killie away (3-1) was an easy victory although we weren't at our best. A 2-1 defeat to Hapoel in the 1st leg of the UEFA Cup but the brakes on an encouraging start (results wise) and then we played Falkirk (2-1) at Ibrox and were diabolical. The return leg of the UEFA Cup saw a vast improvement and a 4-0 victory.

All in all we're inconsistent, very inconsistent. One week we win easily and the next it's a struggle. Second place is only ours to lose now but I don't see any sign of that. WS, AM and the bald bloke have slowly started to turn things around and I now goto Ibrox confident of a win, something which I wasn't so sure about when PLG was in charge.

It's funny how you think the breaks in between games hinders us Gribz. Obviously being knocked out the Scottish Cup early doors is a bastard but in a way I think it's a good thing because it gives WS more time to get his ideas into the players heads.

We're now more difficult to beat and have stopped leaking really stupid, easy goals. However, its also pretty clear that its just a temporary fix until the summer.

We're still not as tight as we should be at the back; need a creative forward to play alongside Boyd; another left sided winger/attacking midfielder and someone with drive and attacking flair to play in the centre or in more of a free role in the midfield.

Apart from that, we're in fine shape!

Main thing is that we're winning when not playing well and are looking tough to beat, so that's a huge step in the right direction IMO.

I think we'll have to judge them next season. Things have definitely picked up since they have come in although we have still been inconsistent. I think the win against Tel Aviv has given everyone a huge lift and I think it was unfortunate that we didn't get a chance to build on that at the weekend. Hopefully a 2nd place finish and another few rounds in Europe and that'll set us up for next season

We're now more difficult to beat and have stopped leaking really stupid, easy goals. However, its also pretty clear that its just a temporary fix until the summer.

We're still not as tight as we should be at the back; need a creative forward to play alongside Boyd; another left sided winger/attacking midfielder and someone with drive and attacking flair to play in the centre or in more of a free role in the midfield.

Main thing is that we're winning when not playing well and are looking tough to beat, so that's a huge step in the right direction IMO.

Completely agree Mike !

Was just thinking about this before reading the thread and my thoughts are exactly like yours.

We need to strengthen the spine of the team (Weir and Ehiogu are doing well biut won't be around forever), we need someone to play beside Fergie and we need someone to bolster the front line.

Aside from that we still, after about 3 years, need a LM.

Pretty fair assessment. We've definitely improved and I don't think we can ask for a lot more than that at this stage.

what the hell did everyone expect? Walter and co to wave a magic wand and turn us into world beaters? They have turned things around but dont expect fancy football between now and the end of the season. They have one priority and that is to finish in second place. If we play shit in every game and win 1-0 then ill be happy. 3 points at the end of every game is all that matters. Leguen was outwitted by every manager in the bottom half of the league and i can bet your bottom dollar their were quite a few sad faces when walter came back. Just remember the state that le dud left us in. an utter f*!king shambles. At least we have a bit of shape and backbone in the team now.

WALTER SMITHS BLUE AND WHITE ARMY!!!!!!!

I think a blind man could see the difference in the team, they have some building to do, but IMO it's coming along nicely, i have no doubt they will get us back, not only competing, winning trophies again and that's not me getting carried away, i just have faith.