Has the "Dream Team" Impressed you so far?

i think walter smith is a better manager now than he was.

he seems to have clearly identified the problems, and every assessment he gives of a game seems to be exactly what i'm thinking.

for instance at the weekend he firmly made the point that he understood and appreciated the fact that we had to be playing a lot better passing football - this is clearly one of his goals, and the getting the results hasn't blinded him to the larger changes needed.

he also recently came out with the brutally honest assessment that we are five years or so behind celtic in terms of youth development despite murray park. this is a mark of a more mature approach to management that has seen the likes of man u - where previously he was only interested really in the first team and wouldnt give bf a game.

i wasnt pleased when he came in initially, but i am being won round. he has a genuine presence that this club needs at the helm.

Seeing WS in the dugout at Easter Road yesterday just somehow looked "right" whereas with PLG something just never fell into place.

And you could see the passion from both he and Coisty when Ehiogu clearly won the ball in the 2nd half with a sliding tackle on a Hibs player but the ref gave a foul. WS and AM both looked like their faces were about to burst.

The things they will demand from this team is commitment, drive and effort - and we have been getting that consistently since they came in.

i think walter smith is a better manager now than he was.

he seems to have clearly identified the problems, and every assessment he gives of a game seems to be exactly what i'm thinking.

for instance at the weekend he firmly made the point that he understood and appreciated the fact that we had to be playing a lot better passing football - this is clearly one of his goals, and the getting the results hasn't blinded him to the larger changes needed.

he also recently came out with the brutally honest assessment that we are five years or so behind celtic in terms of youth development despite murray park. this is a mark of a more mature approach to management that has seen the likes of man u - where previously he was only interested really in the first team and wouldnt give bf a game.

i wasnt pleased when he came in initially, but i am being won round. he has a genuine presence that this club needs at the helm.

I said as much when we signed him, he is a better manager now than when he was last at Ibrox, he has achieved a lot since he left us.

Seeing WS in the dugout at Easter Road yesterday just somehow looked "right" whereas with PLG something just never fell into place.

And you could see the passion from both he and Coisty when Ehiogu clearly won the ball in the 2nd half with a sliding tackle on a Hibs player but the ref gave a foul. WS and AM both looked like their faces were about to burst.

The things they will demand from this team is commitment, drive and effort - and we have been getting that consistently since they came in.

Agree with that.

Re: the part with Ehiogu.... is that when WS and AM jumped up and WS almost slipped? Cant remember exactly when it happened, but he damn near ended up on his arse.

There is no doubt the team is exactly that, a TEAM, and they look alot happier than they did when PLG was the man in charge.

16 points out of 18 so far, that impresses me.

I think that is a stupid questiopn to ask

Have they impressed you so far ???

Of course they have 16 points of 18 is great, if we were still under Plg i would think we would only have 9 out of 18 at the most. The dream team have came in and said right the defence is shite lets get that sorted until the end of the season with experience, looked at the market and seen 2 experienced defenders from the premiership and signed them. Then they have said we have got some good players at the team and some duffers, they have played the good players in there god positions and also signed a very good midfielder, they wanted a few more players but weren't bursting the bank for them in January.

They have a better knowlege of Scottish football, take for example yesterdays game against Hibs they knew that there dangfer was dpwn the wing. Smith cut that out by getting Murray close to Ivan and Hutton to Murphy the opposite side. Played with basically 5 in midfield which is hard to break down and soak up the pressure and thats what we will do again against Celtic.

How many times did Smith do that at Parkhead 10 years odd ago, many a time

I think that is a stupid questiopn to ask

Have they impressed you so far ???

Of course its not a stupid question, and it can be opened up more by asking "if yes, how much"

Its all about opinions and so may be impressed some may not

Of course its not a stupid question, and it can be opened up more by asking "if yes, how much"

Its all about opinions and so may be impressed some may not

Well if you aren't impressed what do you wan't to happen we have drawn 1 and lost 1 out of 8 games ( i think)

Unless you wan't all wins

Well if you aren't impressed what do you wan't to happen we have drawn 1 and lost 1 out of 8 games ( i think)

Unless you wan't all wins

you have mis understood the point of the question. Its not just all about how many points they have gathered, its about the changes they have made to date including personnel and style of play.

Maybe il rename the title for you only to "how much has the dream team impressed you to date" :thup:

you have mis understood the point of the question. Its not just all about how many points they have gathered, its about the changes they have made to date including personnel and style of play.

Maybe il rename the title for you only to "how much has the dream team impressed you to date" :thup:

I don't think any will want to date him, Gribz.;)