Rangers v Raith Rovers Match preview

If Zelalem was injured in the warm up on Saturday then I stand corrected on that point. I just got in in time for KO but I asked my neighbours last night and they say they didn't see it and there is no mention of that happening in the Raners, BBC or Sky reports and Transfermarket now have him as "not in squad" v St Mirren and Raith Rovers and don't have any injury listed.

However, the stats I have listed about games and minutes played and goals from Transfermarket are accurate and at least two others on here GS and Bearman share my opinion that he is not good enough for us never mind Arsenal. Are they trolling as well?

Warburton in his pre match conference said he was due to play but a pre existing injury had flared up and became a worry.

On a sidenote, what about those badass steak & black pudding pies! Those are f'ing MAGIC! :notworthy:

You lucky f*&ker! I went for a steak one (didn't know about the steak and black pudding) but there were none left at the time so had to make do with a Scotch Pie which as well as being rank rotten left me killed with heartburn all night....:(

The official RFC website mentioned the injury in their pre-St Mirren match team announcement:

http://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/two-changes-gers/

I enquired privately of a contact at the club and they told me the player felt uncomfortable pre-match so was removed from the squad. I'm not sure if this happened on the pitch or before. Generally, the club look to keep their player's injury details private and only ever make very general comments.

Finally, there's a big difference between discussing the finer points of a player's contribution in a constructive sense and making continual erroneous posts about such. Any fair-minded person can see Zelelam's contribution has been largely mediocre and inconsistent but only those blind to his positive attributes continually bleat on about manager's not wanting him when that's clearly not the case.

I'll certainly defer to Mark Warburton and Arsene Wenger when it comes to judging how good a player is at 18/19 years old. Let's hope they don't write off Liam Burt as quickly as you suggest they've written off the young American given he gave the ball away 2 or 3 times last night and was pushed off the ball once. Shoot the witch, indeed!

Thank you for the link and I stand corrected on Zelalem's injury but it does appear to have happened pre-match. Usually if a player is taken off during the warm up it would merit some comment somewhere.

I am not sure I am guilty of "making continual erroneous posts" about Zelalem rather than stating my opinion, with which you obviously do not agree, backed up with my observations and statistics.

I have received this in response to my enquiry today from my contact at Arsenal:

I'm told that he's on the list of players we can do without at the end of the season when a fairly large clear-out is planned.

It's all about the money at Arsenal these days. The smallest expenditures are scrutinised. They've even stopped free staff lunches at the training ground recently, even for the kitchen staff. Morale is on the deck. All departments (except the playing staff budget line) have been instructed to cut twenty percent. There will be complulsory redundancies.

Unless there is a clause in the loan agreement allowing you to terminate it early you're stuck with him I'm afraid. His form (or lack of it) at your place isn't going to have Football League clubs beating down your door.

So Craig is certainly correct on that one.

I am sure that Warburton thought he had captured a top prospect but as you say his "contribution has been largely mediocre and inconsistent". It has been pointed out before that he did not feature in either of the important Dec games v Falkirk and Hibs (apologies if he was injured on any of those occasions) and in fact has only played 13 mins in the 3 games v Falkirk, and 32 mins in 2 games v Hibs and he didn't feature in the cup replay against Kilmarnock. He hasn't played 90 mins in the last 3 months.

You can take that or leave it as you wish but no doubt all wil be revealed at the end of the season.

My personal opinion is that he might be better suited to football in the US soccer leagues.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

I think they might be doing them as one of their 'seasonal pie' specials mate. They're £3.40 from a kiosk or £3.00 from one of the catering sellers walking about with a hot food box. I bought one on Saturday from a lad with a box of them at half time in the Club Deck concourse, took 2 bites and called him back to sell me another one. Six notes for 2 pies might seem steep to some folk, but these steak & black pudding pies are absolutely huge and they taste top notch. Worth every penny!

They are now selling them and various bars of chocolate (£1 ea.) on the half landing before the steps down to the MF whereas previously you had to walk upstairs, downstairs and back again if you wanted anything at all. They did run out of hot water for the bovril pre-match but quickly got replenished.

A fairly minor improvement but shows "they" are thinking about it.

No, they aren't trolling - they aren't creating a story out of nothing about a player. They are commenting when relevant.

You immediately went on the "Zelalem isn't in the squad so what does that say about him and does it tell a story to his fans on here".

In fact, it tells more of a story about you BH. The very same person who said earlier in the season "I grudgingly accept that Zelalem had a good game". Personally, I think it is pitiful that a Rangers fan "grudgingly accepts" when a Rangers player has a good game rather than being pleasantly surprised. Suggests you have always had an agenda toward the kid.

What makes it more laughable though is your continued defence of Lord Lucan Law.

Law was poor v St Mirren.