Rangers v Raith Rovers Match preview

On the contrary, if he can't get a game here, Arsenal could put him back in their youth team. Interestingly Transfermarket shows him "No information available" tonight rather than "not in squad".

I will say it again. Why would Arsenal take him back when he has a loan contract with us.

As you pleasurably told us that your "source" informed you that it was recommended to Wenger to transfer list him, pray tell that being the case why Wenger would take him back and pay him 6,500 a week that he currently doesn't have to pay, especially if he isn't wanted at Arsenal anyway ????

We have been crying for someone to take shots from outside the box, rather than hoping that the ball would break for us in a crowded penalty box, and it looks like the message was taken on board. Forrester, Holt and King all had long distance efforts (I am sure there was a few more) and it just brings a different dimension to our game.

Great performance and result tonight, made all the sweeter by the Hivs loss (and Andy Murdoch's goal). No doubt the tims will be greetin' about Rangers sending out loan players to rival teams!

Not on even on the bench yet again; doesn't this tell his fans on here something.

The lad was due to play on Saturday but was injured in the warm-up which meant he also missed last night's match. I'm told Law was awful again in his place though against St Mirren. What does that tell his fans?

I'm not sure why you're continually trolling people with ill-informed posts about Zelalem but I suggest you stop now as it's getting beyond tedious.

On a more positive note, I thoroughly enjoyed last night's performance.

From the outset we played with purpose, with pace and lots of self-belief. Other than a 5-10 minute period midway through the first half just before we scored, we again completely dominated and the only disappointment was that we didn't score more.

I thought Forrester was superb in his deeper, central role whilst King was a constant threat wide on the left. Further to that we were again strong defensively (other than one bad lapse from Wallace late on) and with Hibs losing away, our 14 point lead should be a title-winning one.

Let's hope we can keep our form going with a cup win on Saturday to show we're capable of stepping up from this division and holding our own. Yes, we're a few players short in that respect but this squad (and the management team) deserves every credit for where we are now. I can't wait to see what's ahead....

Just as an addition I feel Taverniers defending qualities are also very much improving. He swept up behind the central defenders a few times last night. It has cost him his scoring potential but will put him in better stead for next season in the premiership.

Just as an addition I feel Taverniers defending qualities are also very much improving. He swept up behind the central defenders a few times last night. It has cost him his scoring potential but will put him in better stead for next season in the premiership.

Yeah, Ian and I were discussing this last night at the game. He's quite good in the air and certainly covered across when needed.

I think there has to be a balance of what he and Wallace offer. They're both very attacking players and useful outlets but, in some situations, rather than both attacking into the opposition box, one should be looking to tuck in and sit slightly deeper where necessary. I think we've made that change over the last 2-3months and are the better off for it.

It was also a bonus to see Liam Burt make his début last night. Other than one or two misplaced passes he looked more than decent and he looks like a player with a bright future.

Hopefully his new contract extension will be announced soonest for more good news.

What's interesting further is the manager's reaction to teams doubling up on our wide players. The introduction of another forward thinking player (e.g. McKay or Forrester) into the central area means if we're unable to get to the bye-line we can pass back inside and still have two creative threats centrally.

Yes, that may be considered somewhat of a risk in a defensive sense but it also allows Halliday to play deeper and with one of the full-backs also covering, we're usually comfortable enough at the back if teams do counter.

It's been like a game of chess this season watching teams react to our play and, unlike recent seasons, watch our management team react in kind.