[FT] Rangers 4 (Forrester 1; Holt 47; Halliday 54; Wallace 83) - 0 Dundee

I don't know why he was booked. When he scored he was directly in front of the Dundee support. If he would have celebrated there it would have probably been a yellow for gesturing towards them. As he made the celebration run he noticed this and so he curved his run round the back of the net towards the Rangers fans, he never crossed the advertising hoardings, never took his shirt off nor gestured to the away support, and from start to finish in total he was off the field of play for 8 seconds.

I know the rules BH posted above but I have absolutely no clue why that is a booking.

Its pure nonsense!

Maybe he fist pumped the air?,shocking that a player celebrates scoring a goal.......

Looking at the video again it seems a very harsh booking indeed, though the referee might be just about covered by the rules because it was a long run behind the goals to the Rangers fans but he did turn back quickly.

I think in the old days the caution would have been rescinded on appeal but then again in the old days there is no way you would have been booked for that.

The referee failed to apply the 18th Law of the Game yesterday, "common sense".

Edited by BrahimHemdani

He stated "“Two boys will be on the bench on Saturday. They have deserved it and if we have to call upon them then I have no hesitation using them.”

http://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/i-can-call-youth/

But perhaps Zelalem was still injured or suffered a recurrence which is why there were three?

Yes , two in addition to Burt , mate

I'm wondering if you thought the 20 year old kid on loan that I was referring to was Zelalem (whom I like incidentally)? I was in fact referring to Dom himself who in spite of how he looks is just a 20 year old kid on loan,

I do agree with you on the position being needed despite who plays it. I'm fairly sure Matt Crooks is being brought in to fill the role for next season albeit whether as a squad player or as automatic first team pick.

It wasn't a reply to you, but a general post to the discussion above. It is easy to forget that Ball is similarly aged!

It was on Rangers web site on Friday night and my point was that if three Academy players are preferred to him (I trust that choice of word is acceptable) then surely that tells its own story.

I don't "hate" Zelalem at all; I just don't think we need him and Rousseau's whose tactical opinions are well respected around here "concede(s) that Zelalem is not needed,".

Yes, not needed, but the role most certainly is -- IMO, of course. I'm pleasantly surprised at Halliday's performance in that role.

Edited by Rousseau

Just back in the house...watched the game in a brilliant pub in Oban (Coasters) place was buzzing and full of Bears great pub atmosphere, made my week-end tbh.

Missed the 13th second opener due to taking my first sip of the day whilst ordering the company's drink at the busy bar, the day just got better and better - as fantastic a performance I've seen for many a year from our Gers...what a difference a year makes! Warbs is a godsend.

Paul McGowan admits Dundee had no answers for rampant Rangers at Ibrox

PAUL MCGOWAN admits Dundee had no answers to a blistering Rangers start as they were blown away at Ibrox on Saturday.

Harry Forrester put the Gers ahead after just 13 seconds before goals from Jason Holt, Andy Halliday and Lee Wallace clinched a comfortable win for Mark Warburton’s side.

Dundee had made the trip to Glasgow in good spirits after taking a Premiership point at Parkhead in midweek but saw their Scottish Cup dreams killed off as they were outplayed throughout and found themselves on the end of a heavy defeat.

And former Celtic and St Mirren midfielder McGowan was disappointed Paul Hartley’s side failed to fire on the big stage as they missed out on a last four berth.

He said: "The goal affected us massively and there's no getting away from that.

“Rangers came out of the traps and it's really difficult to recover from that.

“After that we froze. We didn't pass the ball the way we can.

“Rangers wanted it more than us and that's something I can't say about our team because we have been brilliant for the past six or seven games.

“I have watched a lot of Rangers and it must be hard for them because teams sit back against them and they've got a bit of stick.

“But I was impressed with them with the way they knocked the ball about and worked it from the back.

“They were worthy winners. But our start killed us.

"If you saw us on Wednesday, I thought we were brilliant.

“We worked ever so hard and we missed a great chance and if that went in we would have won.

“What a chance we had to beat Celtic. We were playing really well and the confidence was oozing through the team, but it has been sapped right out of us.

“It was just energy-sapping and we're a fit team, but we looked really leggy and Rangers wanted it more than us."

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/14325077.Paul_McGowan_admits_Dundee_had_no_answers_for_rampant_Rangers_at_Ibrox/?

I watched his team's game against C1888c and what he has said here is fair. I noticed that he gave a good account of himself against us and worked hard the whole game.

He's right, Rangers did want it more.

“We worked ever so hard and we missed a great chance and if that went in we would have won.

“What a chance we had to beat Celtic. We were playing really well and the confidence was oozing through the team, but it has been sapped right out of us.

That's a very strange comment?

Edited by Bearman

That's a very strange comment?

I think he's referring to one of his half-backs that missed a sitter with a header from about four yards against C1888c, and the fact that Rangers beat them so comprehensively that the confidence they had against C1888c was destroyed by the performance of Rangers.