Rangers v C****c Semi Final

I can't understand the fear felt by fans regards this tie...are C*ltic a moving ruthless machine ? Are they winning important games as they strive towards a tainted 5 in a row? Are they on course for a magnificent treble? Are they taking qualification for the CL as a given? If not then surely the EL can be won?

We'll win that game and everyone will be in shock except the Rangers family. Can't understand some on here having doubt about facing a side with a very poor record on show for all to see.

They are an absolute disaster with a squad of players who have lost all confidence in the clown picking their team and are there for the taking. If we blitz them as we did yesterday we will win the match. A reserved approach will see us lose imo.

The above discounts the usual referee anomalies which usually appear in those matches.

Edited by boabie

I've seen many versions of this many times and still can't avoid bursting out laughing...weird...is it you ian that puts this on youtube?

Quality...'they say he has a magic fucking hat' - 'a magic fucking hat!' The idea of Hitler in the guise of the scum boss being thwarted by a magic hat is priceless.

Edited by Bearman

I've seen many versions of this many times and still can't avoid bursting out laughing...weird...is it you ian that puts this on youtube?

Quality...'they say he has a magic fucking hat' - 'a magic fucking hat!' The idea of Hitler in the disguise of 'the scum boss' being thwarted by a magic hat is priceless.

I would love to say it is me,but it is not!,I'm the same as you it never fails to make me chuckle a wee bit

Of course Celtic are the favourites but if we play to our strengths then there's absolutely no reason why we can't win.

I couldn't have said the same last season when we played them so that says a lot about how far we've come in little over a year.

Only worry I have with this is that failure to win will be interpreted by some, even on here, as defining the season as a failure.

The fact that we're not dreading it, as any sane onlooker surely did last year's encounter, tells it's own story. Some of that is down to them being, by all accounts, completely rubbish but the job Warburton has done is inspiring.

Finally, if we could arrange to win the league the week before the semi it would be amusing to see if Celtc did the traditional applauding onto the pitch.

Only worry I have with this is that failure to win will be interpreted by some, even on here, as defining the season as a failure.

The fact that we're not dreading it, as any sane onlooker surely did last year's encounter, tells it's own story. Some of that is down to them being, by all accounts, completely rubbish but the job Warburton has done is inspiring.

Finally, if we could arrange to win the league the week before the semi it would be amusing to see if Celtc did the traditional applauding onto the pitch.

Ha - perhaps if we were in the same league... ;)

The very fact we should be able to compete in this game should be a signal of progress - even for the most critical/negative of our fans. The good thing is our manager and our players will think they can win and that's a huge difference from last year's weak squad.

Win or lose we're on our way back and it's just a matter of time before Celtic will have a proper challenge again.

We've seen how much can happen within a month ... just recently. If we'd play them next week, I'd get rather excited. We'll play them in 5 weeks though and I'll wait till a week before that before slinging predictions about. Right now we look good and they do not. Yet, it will be a cup game and nigh all players from us, bar Miller and Wallace (dunno about Wilson), will have never experienced an OF game before. Halliday vs. Brown will be interesting, but likewise will be the referee. Anyone checked whether we could have secured promotion by then?

Edited by der Berliner

All you need to do is look at the teams when they cruised 2-0 winners last year. They've gone backwards at a rate of knots and we've basically got a new first team, a new playing philosophy and of course a Magic Hat.

No Van Dijk, no Denayer, no Matthews, no Guidetti and the "stars" still there like Johansen are shadows of the players they were last year.

Celtic

Formation: 4-2-3-1

26.Craig Gordon

03.Emilio Izaguirre

05.Virgil van Dijk

22.Jason Denayer

23.Carl Mikael Lustig (42: unsporting behaviour) 84' tactical

06.Nir Bitton

08.Scott Brown (90+4: unsporting behaviour)

10.Anthony Stokes 74' tactical

15.Kristian Commons

25.Stefan Johansen

28.Leigh Griffiths (11: unsporting behaviour) 68' tactical

Substitutes

02.Adam Matthews 84' tactical

04.Efetobore Ambrose Emuobo

09.John Guidetti 68' tactical

12.Stefan Scepovic

24.Lukasz Zaluska

49.James Forrest 74' tactical

53.Liam Henderson

Rangers

Formation: 4-1-4-1

31.Steve Simonsen

05.Lee Wallace

06.Lee McCulloch

23.Richard Foster (90+2: unsporting behaviour)

24.Darren McGregor

02.Steven Smith

04.Fraser Aird 45' tactical

07.Nicholas Law

08.Ian Black

20.Kyle Hutton (65: unsporting behaviour)

18.Kenny Miller 81' tactical

Substitutes

09.Jonathan Daly 45' tactical

11.David Templeton

14.Nicholas Clark 81' tactical

15.Kris Boyd

16.Sebastien Faure

22.Dean Shiels

25.Lee Robinson

That Rangers XI is enough to give you the heebie jeebies!