Rangers v C****c Semi Final

Do you think my insurers will accept the Petrofac Cup Final on the 10th and SC semi final v Celtic on the 16th/17th as a valid excuse to cancel my trip to Peru?

I'm not sure if they will, but they certainly should!

I was taken to hospital one Easter, down here in England, with Chicken Pox (suspected meningitis at first which made it more exciting) and was asked at admittance if there were any religious reasons why I should not be kept in hospital. "Aye, it's Rangers v Celtic on Sunday" was my reply. They wrote it down but kept me in. Thankfully the isolation-contagion rooms, unlike all the other wards, had a signal so I could follow follow via text. The penalty and save incident via text was quite an experience.

Edited by SteveC

I can't understand the fear felt by fans regards this tie...are C*ltic a moving ruthless machine ? Are they winning important games as they strive towards a tainted 5 in a row? Are they on course for a magnificent treble? Are they taking qualification for the CL as a given? If not then surely the EL can be won?

We'll win that game and everyone will be in shock except the Rangers family. Can't understand some on here having doubt about facing a side with a very poor record on show for all to see.

It's an age thing. I've always been a worrier and I am "glass half-empty" by nature but the older I've got the worse it gets. Specific reasons would be that they have a squad which would sell for multiple times what ours would, physically they look stronger and will be given carte blanche to kick us off the field, our defence and keeper will be under a constant barrage of crosses in a way that they have hitherto not experienced. We will have team with little OF experience.

On the other hand, they won't have faced a team like us, perhaps that lack of OF experience will be liberating, the underdog can have his day and they'll be revolting in more than their normal sense if we win.

But stand back for a minute and take it all in = we are the underdogs, we'll be long odds underdogs at that. Yes, we can win, but I don't see how we can be expected to do so.

I will be thinking completely different come kick off, obviously!

We've seen how much can happen within a month ... just recently. If we'd play them next week, I'd get rather excited. We'll play them in 5 weeks though and I'll wait till a week before that before slinging predictions about. Right now we look good and they do not. Yet, it will be a cup game and nigh all players from us, bar Wallace (dunno about Wilson), will have never experienced an OF game before. Halliday vs. Brown will be interesting, but likewise will be the referee. Anyone checked whether we could have secured promotion by then?

Chances are we will have but clearly a lot can happen over the next month.

IIRC, if we keep winning then we can secure the title against Dumbarton at home on Tuesday 5th April. That's when we can breach the 82 point mark - which we can do even with a draw in one of these five games (e.g. in the away game against Falkirk a week on Friday). Hibs could still reach that points tally if they win all their remaining games but they'd also have to improve their goal difference by at least 35 goals.

Edited by Frankie

Chances are we will have but clearly a lot can happen over the next month.

IIRC, if we keep winning then we can secure the title against Dumbarton at home on Tuesday 5th April. That's when we can breach the 82 point mark - which we can do even with a draw in one of these five games (e.g. in the away game against Falkirk a week on Friday). Hibs could still reach that points tally if they win all their remaining games but they'd also have to improve their goal difference by at least 35 goals.

I don't think we'll be claiming it until it's mathematically impossible for Hibs to get more points, so 83 will be the target and if the QoS game is postponed then that might make Easter Rd on the 19th the decider. That said it's hard to see Hibs winning all their games, so it may over long before then.

Let's hope we put up a good game and maybe even nick it.

I'm not saying we can't but we've struggled against Kilmarnock and St Johnstone already this season. We need to be realistic.

It's a good point. Throughout the season the team has shown that it can be poor defensively and also, sometimes, struggle to score. It looks like the attack has been significantly improved by the 3 players brought in. I think that we're also starting to create better chances. I think that the defence has not really improved though. We are still benefiting from keeping a lot of possession. If we manage to control possession then I think we will win it.

A win would be very important as I imagine season ticket sales would get a major boost.

Edited by ranger_syntax

Formation: 4-1-4-1

31.Steve Simonsen

05.Lee Wallace

06.Lee McCulloch

23.Richard Foster (90+2: unsporting behaviour)

24.Darren McGregor

02.Steven Smith

04.Fraser Aird 45' tactical

07.Nicholas Law

08.Ian Black

20.Kyle Hutton (65: unsporting behaviour)

18.Kenny Miller 81' tactical

Substitutes

09.Jonathan Daly 45' tactical

11.David Templeton

14.Nicholas Clark 81' tactical

15.Kris Boyd

16.Sebastien Faure

22.Dean Shiels

25.Lee Robinson

That Rangers XI is enough to give you the heebie jeebies!

It's certainly reassuring to think that this team only lost 2-0. I wouldn't take any of those players back.

It's a good point. Throughout the season the team has shown that it can be poor defensively and also, sometimes, struggle to score. It looks like the attack has been significantly improved by the 3 players brought in. I think that we're also starting to create better chances. I think that the defence has not really improved though. We are still benefiting from keeping a lot of possession. If we manage to control possession then I think we will win it.

A win would be very important as I imagine season ticket sales would get a major boost.

Yes, but two are cup-tied