Match Preview: Peterhead vs Rangers

I thought that was a ponderous display; slow and lacklustre. I agree Miller was at the heart of everything, but I still thought his touch was poor and he was slow to pass. Of course, the pitch did not help the performance for anyone! The result was never in doubt -- simply because Peterhead couldn't string two passes together and their only tactic was get a free-kick and lump it into the box -- but we dominated possession, and controlled the ball well. It was all about the victory today: It feels great to finally get this Cup in the trophy room; full-sweep!

It's always tricky against teams that stick 10-men behind the ball. It'll be more open next week IMO, so we might see better/more goal-scoring opportunities. The reverse is we may get exposed at the back. It'll be interesting.

Edited by Rousseau

we were getting in behind their defence today and having watched the mhanks last two games their opposition have found this to be their archilies heel. really poor performance over the piece though i did think we were getting dragged down to their level at times.

I thought that was a ponderous display; slow and lacklustre. I agree Miller was at the heart of everything, but I still thought his touch was poor and he was slow to pass. Of course, the pitch did not help the performance for anyone! The result was never in doubt -- simply because Peterhead couldn't string two passes together and their only tactic was get a free-kick and lump it into the box -- but we dominated possession, and controlled the ball well. It was all about the victory today: It feels great to finally get this Cup in the trophy room; full-sweep!

It's always tricky against teams that stick 10-men behind the ball. It'll be more open next week IMO, so we might see better/more goal-scoring opportunities. The reverse is we may get exposed at the back. It'll be interesting.

Although I agree in isolation about today's game , I firmly believe this was won with next week in mind , MW isn't daft neither are these players , the celebrations at the end told you that , they all know there is a bigger prize awaiting .

There were some good moments in the game where we did get in behind; some of the passing and link-up play to do so was splendid. To be fair, the performance isn't indicative of our form, or ability, as we never got out of first gear.

Edited by Rousseau

Enjoyed the result but at times became quite bored at times as pitch was awful with too many bobbles.Game also spoiled,unsurprisingly by crap officials yet again.

Pleased for the young players receiving medals as it can only spur them on.

Now for the big one next week a good performance required and with a win being a big bonus.:champs:

Well done Gers,i enjoyed the game even though it wasnt great.

There is obviously only one barber in the blue toon.FFs,what was that all about?

Small part-time club = small part time wages = bowl cuts all round... :seal:

Although I agree in isolation about today's game , I firmly believe this was won with next week in mind , MW isn't daft neither are these players , the celebrations at the end told you that , they all know there is a bigger prize awaiting .

Not long back from the game and the first few posts i read which i all agree with, but i think you have nailed it. We did enough to win it at ease i thought, virtually a training session for next weeks game, no disrespect to Peterhead but we were streets ahead all game imo. Wallace going of as a precaution i presume? Also Forester quickly subbed (although he took a sore yin) yip i thought the lads minds were on next weekend.

Still enjoyed the day though.

Graeme Smith was outstanding for Peterhead today. If it wasn't for him we could probably have hammered them 7 or 8 nil. He didn't make it at Ibrox because we had 2 better 'keepers on the books, but seriously, what a performance that was from the guy today, so credit where it's due.

I thought our performance was very good and it was on a shocking pitch which didn't suit our passing game at all, but the players dealt with it really well.

The ref' was poor and injuries ahead of next week were a real worry, but fingers crossed that Wallace, Forrester and the rest of the lads are ok.

Edited by Zappa