The Summer Transfer Rumour Round-up Thread

Positive thing about Rossiter if we were to sign him is that he would be our player and we would potentially benefit from any value we added to his game both on the park and eventually, on the balance sheet.....................Whilst the quoted fee (if deal were to happen) isn't prohibitive.

On the face of it the biggest concern would be his injury history.

I am very much excited by the clubs policy or trying to attract young hungry players. I remain to be convinced that this lad falls into that category. Klopp is a very good manager, also known for bringing through good young players. He has been watching this guy at training for months and has not bothered to try to keep him. That tells me a lot. My point was also that at 19 he should be further on if he was that good. It is certainly worth a punt though as if we can turn him around he should command a decent sell on.

you're wrong in that one, a pile of youngsters including him were offered contracts in december but two of them Rossiter and Sinclair decided against accepting what was on offer.

Rossiter was dogged with injuries this season (hamstring was the latest) ...

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jordan-rossiter/profil/spieler/258924

Before that he compeetet in various games, but I am not sure whether all youth games (below u20s) are listed)

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jordan-rossiter/leistungsdaten/spieler/258924/plus/0?saison=2014

Edited by der Berliner

according to one of the articles above klopp gave him 15 minutes against sion unfortunately he tore his hamstring once on. Think in total he has 5 first team appearances and is their 2nd youngest scorer.

Edited by trublusince1982

Rangers make £7.75million transfer saving as they push through landmark new signing – report

FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmailShare

8th May, 2016, 11:55 AM

By Alex Stevens

Rangers will save £7.75million by signing Jordan Rossiter from Liverpool this summer for a fee of just £250,000, according to a report.

The 19-year-old Anfield Academy graduate has agreed to join the Scottish giants when his contract expires at Anfield.

According to the Daily Mail, Liverpool would demand at least £8million in compensation for the England international were he to join another English club.

Rossiter is out of contract at the end of the season and is set to exploit a FIFA loophole allowing him to join a club outside of England for just £250,000.

The Liverpool Echo report that the Scottish giants contacted the Merseysiders on Friday afternoon to inform them they plan to officially approach the midfielder.

Talks are set to take place over the coming days to formalise the deal after Rossiter made up his mind to move north of the border and play in the Scottish Premiership next season.

Rangers are said to be confident that the teenager will be their first signing of the summer as manager Mark Warburton prepares the team for life back in the top flight next season.

Liverpool would have taken it to a tribunal if Rossiter had wanted to sign for another English club but the youngster has taken advantage of a loophole in the rules to move for a cut-price fee.

Rangers’ head of recruitment Frank McParland, the former Liverpool Academy director, is a big admirer of the tough-tackling midfielder and provided a glowing endorsement to Warburton.

The England Under-19s international has been forced to weigh up his options in recent months with no new contract on the table.

According to the Echo, Liverpool did belatedly offer him an extension but that was largely to ensure that they would be able to claim a compensation fee if he left.

Rossiter, who joined the Liverpool Academy at the age of six and grew up in Everton Valley, was handed his debut in a League Cup tie aged 17 and made five appearances in total for the first team.

But there has been no indication he figures in Jurgen Klopp’s plans in a campaign in which the youngsters have been handed lots of first-team chances due to the team’s gruelling fixture list and various injury problems.

In other Rangers news, one of the team’s emerging stars could be playing in the Premier League next season.

http://www.footballinsider247.com/ball-expects-to-be-at-tottenham-next-season/

http://www.footballinsider247.com/rangers-make-7-75million-transfer-saving-as-they-push-through-landmark-new-signing-report/

Rangers target giant international centre-back, player benched after speaking out over exit

GettyImages-491884616.0.jpg

Rangers will make a move to sign Lech Poznan centre-back Paulus Arauuri, according to the Polish press.

The giant 27-year-old defender, who has 11 caps for Finland, was left on the bench for Lech Poznan today. With Rangers and other Championship clubs linked to his signature, the player had spoken out about his desire to leave, telling the press: "It's not that I've put in a transfer request, just that everyone knew from the moment I arrived in Poznan that I've got ambitions to build my career."

The Polish press also speculate that Lech will want to cash in on the defender - his contract expires in December, and the summer represents the last opportunity to get a fee. €800k is believed to be the asking price, and Rangers might face a challenge with Bologna, Chievo, Cardiff City and Spartak Moscow all linked.

Whether Rangers will try and get the deal done now or make a move for a free transfer in the January window remains to be seen. We've seen very little of him (and Lech's defence was one of the worst in the Polish league in the first half of the season) but he could be a very interesting move.

Stay tuned to GTBFO and follow us on Facebook for more of the latest transfer news and more as the end of the season approaches:

http://www.gotthebattlefeveron.com/2016/5/8/11634790/rangers-transfer-news-rumours-paulus-arajuuri

I take he is about number 998 0n the list of transfers we will be getting in:wtf2:

just the nature of silly season

just believe its all BS until you see them in the strip at Auchenhowie.