The Summer Transfer Rumour Round-up Thread

I vividly remember the Scum-Shame Game where Bougherra (?) was sent off for a similar tackle that hardly hit the Yahoo, but got his marching orders nonetheless. Probably the most despicable behaviour of Yahoo players and coaches that I ever witnessed in a game ... and I'm still at a loss why we showed our dignified silence during and afterwards ...

BTW, I'm not exactly sure why I should get excited about Mariappa just now, for I have hardly ever heard that name or any outstanding things about him. Just saying.

I'd never heard of Waghorn,Tavernier,Wes,Forrester............................................

I'd never heard of Waghorn,Tavernier,Wes,Forrester............................................

Yep, and many of us were not exactly excited at the time of the transfers either. Lower English league "no-names". We had to trust MW and he delivered ... big time. Same here, not yet excited, but trusting MW now.

Yep, and many of us were not exactly excited at the time of the transfers either. Lower English league "no-names". We had to trust MW and he delivered ... big time. Same here, not yet excited, but trusting MW now.

Mariappa isnt 'lower English league' or a 'no-name'.

Mariappa isnt 'lower English league' or a 'no-name'.

That comment was made with Waghorn,Tavernier, Wes, Forrester in mind.

And as for Mariappa, for me - and probably many others - he's just a no-name footballer plying his trade in England. Which is just a statement and no valuation of his ability or standard.

That comment was made with Waghorn,Tavernier, Wes, Forrester in mind.

And as for Mariappa, for me - and probably many others - he's just a no-name footballer plying his trade in England. Which is just a statement and no valuation of his ability or standard.

He's the Jamaica captain AFAIK. The reggae boyz are usually more than half decent IMO.

Watching MOTD every saturday night I've certainly heard of him & surprised he's available on a freebie.He came on as a sub in the recent FA cup final for palace vs Man Utd IIRC.

Going after Mariappa ( & signing Clint HIll) it seems to me that MW & DW are intent on breaking up the Wilson-Kiernan pairing which shipped far too many goals in the final months of last season including the SC final which cost us the EL place

Going after Mariappa ( & signing Clint HIll) it seems to me that MW & DW are intent on breaking up the Wilson-Kiernan pairing which shipped far too many goals in the final months of last season including the SC final which cost us the EL place

It's what we have all been complaining about for a long time and if this latest bid comes off I think we have the makings of a very solid defence taking shape. Put that alongside the quality being sprinkled around the midfield and the fact that scoring goals hasn't been a big issue we're gearing up to have a side very little in the SPL could live with.

I don't know if it's connected to recent signings but skybet are now offering 20/1 on Aberdeen for the title with Hearts 40/1 and Rangers at 3/1

If anyone wants a bet on them you should get it on now because that's going to tumble even further if we hit the ground running like we did last year by handing out a few thrashings. And given that Dundee were handed a thrashing by a Rangers team not so impressive as the one taking shape now that's a distinct possibility.

He's the Jamaica captain AFAIK. The reggae boyz are usually more than half decent IMO.

Watching MOTD every saturday night I've certainly heard of him & surprised he's available on a freebie.He came on as a sub in the recent FA cup final for palace vs Man Utd IIRC.

He came on in the last minute so I don't think we can mark that up as a plus.

STRIKER James Vaughan could sign for Scottish giants Rangers.

The ex-Everton ace, 27, is in talks but would prefer to stay in England after leaving Huddersfield in the close season.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/1305288/chelsea-want-barcelona-teen-sergio-gomez-while-leeds-want-to-sign-manchester-united-starlet-ashley-fletcher/