The Summer Transfer Rumour Round-up Thread

our defence is a real achiles heel. it was the one area that relly needed strengthening but our manger has dropped the ball here. I am less confident about winning the title now.

Chin up bud, it'll be tough to win the league always is bar a few exceptions in days by.

We can't gauge exactly where we are regards the squad we have compared to what Celtic have.

It's fair to say Brenda has waved a magic wand since he came up here, but we have the magic hat.

The coming months will be very interesting to say the least.

How Lescott fared in the EPL last season is irrelevant. Most of the players he will face next season will be about two or three divisions worse than that at least.

Contrast that with the arrival of Scott Sinclair at Celtic and they've signed a world beater. Weren't they both in the same Villa side last year?

our defence is a real achiles heel. it was the one area that relly needed strengthening but our manger has dropped the ball here. I am less confident about winning the title now.

Really? Premier League winner (kept Toure out the team) and WBA player of the year 2014-2015.

One bad season in a terrible team does not worry me.

It's fair to say Brenda has waved a magic wand since he came up here, but we have the magic hat.

The coming months will be very interesting to say the least.

IMHO he is experiencing what lots of new managers (with half decent man management skills) experience - his honeymoon period. Tougher times will lie ahead. Soon enough he will experience what we have had to endure - teams sussing you out and parking the bus. Then we will see how he gets on. As for the £20m, Rodgers could squander that in no time to no great effect. Lets wait and see.

IMHO he is experiencing what lots of new managers (with half decent man management skills) experience - his honeymoon period. Tougher times will lie ahead. Soon enough he will experience what we have had to endure - teams sussing you out and parking the bus. Then we will see how he gets on. As for the £20m, Rodgers could squander that in no time to no great effect. Lets wait and see.

:D - just ask the Liverpool fans...

I think it's difficult to read anything into the supposed performance of any individual player who was in a team that finished bottom of the league 17 points behind second bottom Norwich. That alone suggests to me it would have been irrelevant how he performed.

What may be more relevant at this point is that an EPL team has registered an interest in him suggesting that their experienced manager who is managing a team that will likely be focusing on a defensive strategy thinks he can still do a job in that league. That being the case he can certainly do a job in our league.

I will predict that Lescott will breeze through this league. It's not long ago he was a very high quality Premiership level player and England internationalist.

The signing of Joe Garner I am much less confident about.

Lescot isn't coming

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/14693330.Joleon_Lescott_decides_against_Rangers_move_due_to_family_reasons/

JOLEON LESCOTT will not sign for Rangers after deciding against making the move to Ibrox.

SportTimes understands the 34-year-old has informed boss Mark Warburton that he does not wish to make the switch north of the border due to family reasons.

Warburton could now turn his attentions to former Arsenal defender Philippe Senderos as he bids to bolster his Rangers defence for a crack at the Premiership title this term.

Senderos joined the Gers squad at their Auchenhowie base for training this week and Warburton spoke highly of the Swiss stopper at his pre-match press conference on Thursday.

He said: “He’ come in, he’s trained with us all week, I spoke to him today, he’s been excellent.

"I can’t speak highly enough about Phillipe Senderos. His CV is outstanding, that is obvious, but we didn’t know where he was physically.

"He hadn’t played in a team or trained for three weeks, but he has come in and settled into the group and physically there has been no problem. He has dealt really well in training and we have had a few intense days.

"He looks in good shape. We are really comfortable with him, really happy with him and that is an ongoing conversation with a very talented player.”

Warburton is also in the market for a striker and a deal to bring Preston forward Joe Garner to Ibrox is nearing completion.

Rangers agreed a fee of around £1.5million with the Championship side earlier this week and the 28-year-old is poised to sign a three-year deal with the Light Blues.

0 comments

Promoted stories