The Summer Transfer Rumour Round-up Thread

Asked about whether Villa are receiving a fee for Lescott, owner Dr Tony Xia replied on Twitter: "No. Sorry for that."

Why do I think that it was not a Villa supporter who asked this?

As far as i'm aware the Villa fans don't care if THEY have to pay a fee to get him out the door which effectively they are given they are going to be paying what's been reported as anything from the full remaining value of his contract to a significant chunk of it.

As far as i'm aware the Villa fans don't care if THEY have to pay a fee to get him out the door which effectively they are given they are going to be paying what's been reported as anything from the full remaining value of his contract to a significant chunk of it.

Yeah it was a Villa fan...his question to the owner was:

"I hope we got a fee for Lescott after all the pain and misery he caused last season."

Lescott arrives tonight I believe. Not sure about this one last game I seen him he looked uninterested.

Don't think any apparent disinterest can be seen as a bad sign for us. Look at the ordeal their fans have been putting him through for an answer to that. He has actually been not just verbally abused but physically threatened by them. That's hardly likely to encourage him to give it his all.

He only needs to knock away those problem high balls for us and he will be treated like a God.

Lescott arrives tonight I believe. Not sure about this one last game I seen him he looked uninterested.

Guys on the SAFC forum are concerned about him being linked to them. :eek:

Comments like "No chance, he is totally shot!" and "Lescott is too old, too slow and a shadow of his former self!" are common.

I trust Warburton's judgement though. :thup:

Don't think any apparent disinterest can be seen as a bad sign for us. Look at the ordeal their fans have been putting him through for an answer to that. He has actually been not just verbally abused but physically threatened by them. That's hardly likely to encourage him to give it his all.

He only needs to knock away those problem high balls for us and he will be treated like a God.

very true mate one decent clearance would be all it takes to get me on side!

Guys on the SAFC forum are concerned about him being linked to them. :eek:

Comments like "No chance, he is totally shot!" and "Lescott is too old, too slow and a shadow of his former self!" are common.

I trust Warburton's judgement though. :thup:

They're an EPL side being handed 100 million plus from the get go. If it's not costing mega millions they think it's a poor deal.

He was probably disinterested because Villa were already relegated and his own team fans wanted to have a square-go with him. It would be a struggle for anyone to motivate themselves under such circumstances

Yeah it was a Villa fan...his question to the owner was:

"I hope we got a fee for Lescott after all the pain and misery he caused last season."

I assumed, as anyone might, that some concerned Kerrydale accountant had inquired. Surprise that I am wrong, actually.