The Summer Transfer Rumour Round-up Thread

Well the manager did say he had others in mind and thinking again about loans I don't suppose it's beyond the realms of possibility that if Senderos replaces either of Wilson or Kiernan that a loan could replace the other. Only time will tell. And there is also the fact that apparently they played Crooks at CB with the under 20's the other night.

Are they likely to do that unless there were at least some idea of playing him there in future?

Looks like Crooks and Senderos then if we don't secure someone else as I (along with many of the support) simply don't rate Wilson & Kiernan.

It's a pity this is dragging on after 3 league games of the season. Still, on the positive side Joe Garner and a fully fit Martyn Waghorn could mean Francie & Josie could fill central defence for all it matters.

Edited by Bearman

MW said that if the signing of a CH was made that would be inward transfers complete.

If completed he would have to replace Wilson IMO,I laughed at article on Rangers official pages that Wilson is harbouring dreams about representing Scotland,there again I laugh at Scotland now.

As far as I know yes as he has stated he has 3-4 players able to cover in defence plus a plethora in midfield and more than satisfactory up front.

Remember the players he has now are all ours so we won't be "developing" for other clubs which is a healthy sign.

new defenders

the bunnet was on bbc scotland's football documentary tonight

he said it was simple, you don't pay £10m for a £5m player

if we can't get a good enough deal, we'll just have to thole it

Edited by colinstein

I think that there is a player in Wilson. He is probably our best passer from defence, but he does seem to have too many brain fart moments. I don't know if this is just switching off at inopportune times, or whether he is only effective when he has a 'Davie Weir" type organiser screaming at him. Is Wilson/Keirnan our best CB combination? Would definitely bring in Senderos to replace Keirnan, if the deal is done.

Imo Wilson had an excellent match in the SC SF when he had to have his wits about him the entire time, so perhaps it is a concentration issue.

Also, his comments about a Scotland recall. The CB's in the squad just selected don't exactly fill you with confidence, so if Wilson plays well, I think that he has every chance of getting back in again.

... more something like "take what you can get" than panic. And I for one would - for the time being - rather have him here, than a youngster from an EPL club who may or may not rise to the challenge of playing in front of 40 to 50k every other week.

Imo Wilson had an excellent match in the SC SF when he had to have his wits about him the entire time, so perhaps it is a concentration issue.

I thought both centre halves were superb against that lot.

Also, I recall Harry Redknapp saying recently that one of Barton's best qualities was the amount of corners/set pieces that he gets his head to (defensively speaking) Hopefully this will be more evident as the team settles, ie when Holt and Windass get fit...

His experience should help the team,not only his personal performance but his talking,organising, as MW says his CV is immense and you don't get a CV like that if you can't play!,he is still only 31 so he could prove to be a good signing,fingers crossed!.