The Summer Transfer Rumour Round-up Thread

Would he have played for us in any great way, shape or form ? In an MW team, I say no.

Helped them win the league too did he ?

Even though he helped them win the cup from us and into Europe.

I think most would agree with me here.

Even though he helped them win the cup from us and into Europe.

I think most would agree with me here.

Good for them.. Still doesn't mean you are right.

He wouldn't have played. So by keeping him we would have been wasting a wage. Pointless.

We can agree to disagree and move on :thup:

Of course no one said he did. So your congratulating yourself for being right about something no one disagreed with you on.

I don't see me congratulating myself there. Just confirming you were attempting to change the actual debate.

I don't see me congratulating myself there. Just confirming you were attempting to change the actual debate.

I assumed your question was rhetorical and tried to move away from it in a sensible fashion.

We can debate how many games he would have gotten instead of Wilson an kiernan. That's a bit pointless though. We don't know.

What we do know is for free we helped hibs beat us to Europe.

I say in hindsight that was stupid.

A mistake we shouldn't repeat.

It would appear that there is going to be a striker coming in if we take those over at FF to be credible. They apparently have someone who has more than once provided reliable inside information in the past and who has informed them that there is a striker coming in the signing of whom will make news.

If it were indeed Jason Cummings that would tick a number of boxes for me. First of all we need another striker and secondly I believe he could do a job in our style of play.

Add to that the fact he is young and would have a good sell on value a couple of years or so down the line then top it all off with the fact it would be a good slap in the face for the exuberant ones. And you have to think that they need to offload him with just a year left on his contract while showing no interest in signing an extension.

Even the scum recouped over £1M a couple of weeks ago on that striker they didnt play or want. We would probably have paid him to leave.

They also paid off Richards, Cole and Stokes, you can only get a fee if someone is willing to pay it. They obviously made the same call on these three that we made on Bell and McGregor.

Rangers rival Leicester City for starlet Serge Atakayi after scouts watch winger in Finland

The 17-year-old winger spent a week at Leicester City earlier this year

Rangers have scouted the FF Jaro winger in his last two games in Finland

By MARK WALKER FOR THE SCOTTISH DAILY MAIL

PUBLISHED: 00:27, 5 July 2016 | UPDATED: 07:42, 5 July 2016

Rangers are looking to beat English champions Leicester City to the signature of Finnish starlet Serge Atakayi.

The Ibrox side have scouted the FF Jaro winger in his last two games in Finland and have seen enough to offer him a trial.

Atakayi, 17, spent a week at Leicester City earlier this year and the shock title winners promised to keep tabs on the talented youngster, who has also been at Fulham on trial.

Teenage winger Serge Atakayi plays in the top tier in Finland for FF Jaro

Teenage winger Serge Atakayi plays in the top tier in Finland for FF Jaro

But Rangers are hopeful of completing a deal for the wide man, who is out of contract with his club at the end of this year.

Ibrox scout and academy coach Alan Boyd watched him in Finland and, after seeing him impress in Sunday’s game against Oulu, said: ‘He is a very good prospect and it will be good to see what he can do training with Rangers.

‘I liked the way he played and he looks like he is learning about the game all the time.

Edited by colinstein

RANGERS will have to stump up for Finnish youngster Serge Atakayi after the winger signed a new one-year deal BEFORE jetting in to Glasgow for a trial.

The 17-year old Congo-born player agreed a contract extension with Finnish club FF Jaro just before heading to Murray Park.

Atakayi, who can play on either flank, has already spent a week on trial with English Premier League champions Leicester City earlier this year and has had three trial spells with Fulham.

Rangers moved quickly to bring the youngster, who holds the record of being the youngest player to score in Finnish football, to Scotland having sent scouts to watch him in his last two matches.

A statement on the FF Jaro website said: "Serge Atakayi has made an agreement with FF Jaro on a contract extension.

"The agreement runs until the end of the period in 2017.