The Summer Transfer Rumour Round-up Thread

Strong relegation candidates. EPL clubs regularly struggle to compete with Italian clubs. Milan just beat Juventus on Juventus own turf at the weekend.

I said it in jest!,he has a yong family so it makes perfect sense for him to stay where he is?

I said it in jest!,he has a yong family so it makes perfect sense for him to stay where he is?

Yeah no doubt. I wouldn't want to take a young family to a foreign non English speaking country either.

Yeah no doubt. I wouldn't want to take a young family to a foreign non English speaking country either.

That's the trouble with British players , lazy an scared to move, what do you think all those foreign players do that don't speak English, they just get on with it plus many of them have young families

That's the trouble with British players , lazy an scared to move, what do you think all those foreign players do that don't speak English, they just get on with it plus many of them have young families

But I think it comes down to the need to move!,if they don't need to move then why would they especially if they have enough cash and a family?

Some related and semi-related business:

Haris Vuckic - Newcastle to Bradford, loan (Bradford's boss is Stuart McCall)

Nathan Oduwa - Tottenham to Peterborough, loan

Nicky Clark - Bury to Dunfermline, two-year deal

Aiden McGeady - Everton to Preston, season loan :party:

But I think it comes down to the need to move!,if they don't need to move then why would they especially if they have enough cash and a family?

To better themselves not live in their wee protected bubble , if you look at his playing record over the last 5 seasons it's horrendous, plus he was getting labeled as mentally weak at Arsenal ,many of his injuries a normal player would have been back in weeks not months. Yet another example of a player bottling it, it's up there with Tom Ince tuning down Inter Milan to sign for Hull .

Says it all about English football right now. Jack Wilshere turns down Roma and AC Milan to sign for Bournemouth. Stadium capacity 11,464.

Arsenal pulled the plug on a Roma move after the way they dealt earlier in the summer with another transfer.

Still surprised he went to Bournemouth though, he must have had some fallen out with Wenger as Id rather try fight for my place at Emirates than go to Bournemouth.

As for Senderos, glad its over the line. I hope he is going straight into the first team in the OF game. Not sure who Id partner him with though but they have just over a week on the training field to get it right. I would originally have thought Hill for experience but looked well off the pace at Kilmarnock, so Id probably opt for Wilson.

Also snatched from FF:

From the Record: Rangers sign duo

Rangers have completed the signings of Amin Abaradan Bouzaig and Joachim Claufice Ursene Mouanda.

Bouzaig joins from Spanish outfit Puerto Malagueno Ciudad Jardin and Mouanda joins from New Hartley Juniors.

You think declining to uproot say a 5 year old who is settled in his first year at school to take him to a foreign country where he has no friends and can't even speak the language is 'lazy'? I deem it a common sense family decision.

You understand that the bulk of Europeans speak some English and before you start suggesting the British are too 'lazy' to learn their languages think about HOW they learn it.

If you lived in a world where Hollywood was replaced by French language films being distributed in all your cinemas and on your TV screen and every time you turned on the radio you were bombarded by songs in French do ya think you would start to pick up on it after a couple of decades of that?

That's exactly what it's like for Europeans. I have spoken to Germans who told me they learned English from listening to British and American bands plus going to the cinema to watch Hollywood films where they see the actors speak in English but have a subtitled translation on screen.

Almost all computer programming languages are in English as are almost all scientific publications where papers can be submitted for review. English is THE international language so I would be highly reluctant to take any children still in the language formation stage to a non English speaking country and that's not lazy. That's a concern for family.