The Summer Transfer Rumour Round-up Thread

Why would they sign young players on a 12 month contract?

As Gunsliger says plus this player is also older so he will need to be development level virtually right away the chance to really develop from youth him has gone.

Strong relegation candidates. EPL clubs regularly struggle to compete with Italian clubs. Milan just beat Juventus on Juventus own turf at the weekend.

Erm... don't think they did.

However, I agree that -- in theory, as I doubt we'll have a chance to see them play -- top Italian sides will role-over bottom EPL sides. Juventus thrashed West Ham in pre-season without really trying.

Edited by Rousseau

It's not solely down to him. We seem to expect players to move wherever we deem appropriate, yet with little consideration for family. I know the Mail & Sun like to proclaim wags live a life doing nothing but for most that isn't true. Plenty of player other halves have their own jobs/careers. Then add in kids.

But yeah, he's just lazy. Nothing to do with him possibly having consideration for other people than just himself.

I take your point BM and don't disagree with some of it, however why wouldn't the wife, knowing the she and her family are financially secure, not want to broaden their horizons? Experience a new culture and different people? I'm with Pete on this. Having lived abroad for a long period I can assure you that British people(English being the worst to be fair) are lazy and embarrassing when it comes to languages. I had picked up more in my first year abroad than some had bothered to learn in a lifetime.

I can't understand why anyone would pick Bournmouth ahead of Italy?? I have no doubt he possibly was taking his missus into consideration as it wouldn't surprise me if she didn't quite fancy all the hassle of "Johnny foreigner" not making the effort to speak their language.

Despite a so-so start to the league, we've made some positive business in the transfer window.

Now time for the players (and management team) to do their bit.

Agreed - I actually think that is a good looking squad now.

RANGERS SQUAD IN FULL:

Goalkeepers

Wes Foderingham

Matt Gilks

Defenders

James Tavernier

Clint Hill

Rob Kiernan

Lee Wallace

Danny Wilson

Lee Hodson

Philippee Senderos

Midfielders

Joey Barton

Harry Forrester

Andy Halliday

Jordan Rossiter

Niko Kranjcar

Matt Crooks

Jason Holt

Attackers

Joe Garner

Kenny Miller

Barrie McKay

Josh Windass

Joe Dodoo

Michael O’Halloran

Martyn Waghorn

I'm of the same opinion as Frankie on this. Will wait and see with Senderos? I was very hopeful at first however it looks like he waited as long as he could to sign, possibly waiting for a better offer?. Let's hope he is as committed as he says he is.

He certainly has a great CV and I would like to like to think he will do a solid job for us.

It's not solely down to him. We seem to expect players to move wherever we deem appropriate, yet with little consideration for family. I know the Mail & Sun like to proclaim wags live a life doing nothing but for most that isn't true. Plenty of player other halves have their own jobs/careers. Then add in kids.

But yeah, he's just lazy. Nothing to do with him possibly having consideration for other people than just himself.

Bluemazza , Wiltshire binned the mother of his kids to set up with his new bird 18 months ago , I was talking about him, as an example of an "elite " sportsman who is meant to be trying to be the best at what he currently is , a highly paid professional footballer whom some courted as the future midfield linch pin of his country .

Yet he we have a guy who has been " injured " consistently for nearly 4 years yet still manages to swan about living the high life , some at Arsenal who know him very well even comment that he "Charges " around like a big time "Charlie" ( clues there some where . )

He only cares about himself and no one else , like so many of these so called elite overpaid prima donna's.