Three weeks of ........... ?

Our last league match away to St Mirren is a week on Sunday. We have to endure a three week wait for our Scottish Cup final against Hibs.

There are advantages to the lay-off, players can get a bit of rest and relaxation, niggles and strains will have time to clear up, and injured players such as Forrester and Waghorn will recover to contribute on the 21st May. The disadvantages are loss of touch and sharpness. I suspect there will be a further loss of competitive edge?

Meanwhile, it looks like Hibs will fill the same period in playing four to six highly competitive play-off games. The threat of further Injuries and suspensions will come into play.

Last year, Falkirk experienced a similar problem, how did they cope waiting on Premiership ICT finishing their season?

I know our current management team will ensure a most professional approach. What do my fellow Gersnetters think we will do over those long three weeks?

We had a similar problem back in '72 where we played our last game of the season 23 days before the CWCF.

Iirc we played at least TWO 'friendly' games against Scottish opposition during the wait, have no idea what the situation was for Moscow Dynamo then.

Do we have any friends left in Scottish football who'd be happy to help us out before the 21st ?

I read that Warburton was looking to secure a closed doors match with some Premiership team to try and keep the sharpness up. But the players would be granted a short break from training given the small squad that has featured all season.

Warburton mentioned this yesterday or the day before. Said we will fly south and take on a Premiership team prior to the Cup Final.

He will have us well prepared.

Yeh, just picked up my breif for this game, players getting 3-4 days off immediately after game v St Midden then fly south for a closed door friendly v English Premiership outfit. No idea who though?? Then back and it will be a normal full week from the Sunday before the cup final.

Edited by cooponthewing

It really is dreadful organisation by the numpties who run Scottish football that a team finishes its league campaign and has to wait three weeks before playing in the SC final whether it's Rangers or not

Edited by RANGERRAB

It really is dreadful organisation by the numpties who run Scottish football that a team finishes its league campaign and has to wait three weeks before playing in the SC final whether it's Rangers or not

Or indeed that a team has to cram numerous fixtures into that same period.

all to favour the top div teams, end of.