I couldn't care a monkey's toss what becomes of them but wait and see the help they will get from the sfa and spfl

One thing is for certain,what happened to us will never happen again to any other club!,after the dealt with us they changed the rules to ensure no other club gets the same treatment as us!,see Hearts.

Dundee Utd may well go into administation if they get relegated. According to Thompson they had the third highest wage bill in the Premiership. They certainly won't be able to pay that in the Championship.

What was that again about paying players salaries you couldn't afford ????? Financial doping ???? Cheating ?????

Administration is an automatic 10 point penalty and no more than that I believe so I doubt if the SFA SPFL can do anything to help them. If they go into Liquidation then it will then be interesting,

I know it's only a rumour of administration so far, but threat of them going completely under is quite interesting.

I think before certain events, I wouldn't want to see a club die, although I maybe didn't have that much sympathy for the Hibs and the proposed merger with Hearts as I thought that might strengthen Scottish football. The game is now beyond strengthening but I'd really welcome having just one team in Dundee which could create a tiny bit more competition and interest in the top half of the table some time in the future - maybe the next generation.

Dundee could become a team with 20k supporters or more and possibly able to give as big or bigger a challenge as Aberdeen and Hearts, and possibly make a dent against the tiny minnows of Europe.

As I said my sentiments have changed, and before I'd have seen the logic but be a bit ambivalent as it's a bit to far to not care when a club dies. Looking at the lower divisions or abroad, I'd probably feel for the supporters in fear of this, and hope for a revival for them - but right now I couldn't give a monkey's about that particular club.

It's also a bit of special case as two biggish teams from a city that size with their stadiums a (hefty but literal) stone throw from each other in a cash poor league, is a just ludicrous situation - they really should at least ground share.

I know it's incredibly unlikely as even a last resort there is the newco thing that we did, with a fan buyout like Hearts did - which with reasonable creditors would probably be cheap as chips.

Anyway, carrying some left over schadenfreude, administration and a points penalty to keep them down an extra season or more, wouldn't exactly make my heart bleed for them.

I have a weeks holiday from work next week, I usually never bother watching games in the spfl, but I will make an exception and watch the Dundee v Utd game, and I will enjoy seeing them being relegated, thanks Stephen Thompson for running your club into the dust, Karma.

Stephen Thompson ready to listen to offers for Dundee United

Dundee United chairman Stephen Thompson has been in talks with regards to a possible takeover of the Tannadice club.

In a dramatic development in a long-running saga at the beleaguered club, Thompson is now willing to consider bids for his controlling shareholding in United.

He will, however, only sell if he believes it is right for the club.

Thompson, who holds over 50% of the shares, will look at a buy-out and/or investment from home or abroad for the relegation-threatened Tangerines.

Indeed, he is currently believed to be out of the country exploring his options.

Following the resignation of his sister and 33% shareholder Justine Mitchell from the board, the feeling was that Thompson was determined to dig in and see out a root-and-branch review of the club.

He even made a first move by saying he would no longer be taking his £100,000 salary.

However, there were fans’ demonstrations outside the stadium following Sunday’s dire 3-1 defeat from Hamilton Accies, a result which left United on the brink of the drop to the Championship.

Thompson was the main target of the protests and now it seems he has simply had enough and is sending out a put-up-or-shut-up challenge.

However, a buyer for Thompson’s stake in United has failed to emerge thus far and it remains to be seen if a genuine candidate will emerge even now.

Talks are still at an early stage and it seems certain any handing over of control would not take place until the summer at the earliest.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/dundee-united/161510/chairman-stephen-thompson-ready/