Breaking: Rangers serve notice on retail agreement with immediate effect

Rangers own 51% and SD own 49% from memory.

Is there not something saying the SD votes count double or something similar. I remember something like that hence King and Murray had nothing to say at board meetings.

The immediate effect thing is really interesting. Would be fucking amazing if the board pull this off. The megastore will be rammed!

Last week I gave my red and black jersey to the pool lifeguard at our hotel in Marrakech. :rfc:

An important step along the way to what DK said he was looking to do in a statement in October of last year.

From October 27th 2015

http://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/statement-by-dave-king/

"Sports Direct continues to litigate with the Club in an attempt to enforce its wishes and demands. This seems based on the simple logic that Sports Direct can outspend the Club in legal fees and thereby deal with the Club as it pleases. I assure supporters that the Club will not be cowed by this threat and the recent lack of communication (as a result of the gagging order) belies the level of robustness with which the Club’s interest has been and will be protected.

Furthermore, I have sent letters to Sports Direct in my capacity as a director of Rangers Retail Limited taking them to task for poor business practices and corporate governance failures. The Club believed that it was entering into a joint venture with a large public company that would behave as a partner should and would conduct its business affairs in an appropriate fashion.

In my 40 years of business, I cannot recollect having dealt with a public company that is run more like a wholly owned family business and appears unconcerned with other stakeholders – partners or otherwise. It remains my intention to ensure that Sports Direct is legally and financially held accountable for its failures."

An important step along the way to what DK said he was looking to do in a statement in October of last year.

From October 27th 2015

http://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/statement-by-dave-king/

"Sports Direct continues to litigate with the Club in an attempt to enforce its wishes and demands. This seems based on the simple logic that Sports Direct can outspend the Club in legal fees and thereby deal with the Club as it pleases. I assure supporters that the Club will not be cowed by this threat and the recent lack of communication (as a result of the gagging order) belies the level of robustness with which the Club’s interest has been and will be protected.

Furthermore, I have sent letters to Sports Direct in my capacity as a director of Rangers Retail Limited taking them to task for poor business practices and corporate governance failures. The Club believed that it was entering into a joint venture with a large public company that would behave as a partner should and would conduct its business affairs in an appropriate fashion.

In my 40 years of business, I cannot recollect having dealt with a public company that is run more like a wholly owned family business and appears unconcerned with other stakeholders – partners or otherwise. It remains my intention to ensure that Sports Direct is legally and financially held accountable for its failures."

I think it's safe to say that Dave King has just parked his tanks next to a large warehouse in Shirebrook.

I think it's safe to say that Dave King has just parked his tanks next to a large warehouse in Shirebrook.

Sometimes I think that the foundations to what is a large empire are weaker than many think and that tanks would be an unrequired overspend.

:rfc:

This season could probably be records broken for selling merchandise!

I would think it will take a time to get the SD stuff off the shelves and we may still be tied to their stuff for this year. That is only my thoughts though as I have no idea how this will pan out.

But it's not SD we've given notice to, it is Rangers Retail. My feeling is there must be a loophole they've found, whereby they can remove the rights from RR. The SD deal technically still stands, but they won't have anything to sell if they don't have the rights.

I have a feeling THIS is why we paid back the £5mil and since then we've making sure we are watertight.

Be funny if all the other court cases proved to just be useful distractions!