Breaking: Rangers serve notice on retail agreement with immediate effect

Craig, there was definitely something about SD having double voting rights in the retail arm of our club. I think it came about at the time of the loan drawdown.

That is what I am saying though....

Darthter said "shares are shares" - that isn't so when you have different classes of shares carrying different voting rights and weights. My point is not whether they have double voting rights (I don't doubt that) but that shares aren't always simply shares of equal value or standing.

Craig, there was definitely something about SD having double voting rights in the retail arm of our club. I think it came about at the time of the loan drawdown.

Their votes count double 49 becomes 98 in all matter financial.

That could in itself prove problematic re the Football League rules.

couldnt agree more mate. Even better that were kicking the f*!ker while hes down!. Hell have to hire more lawyers to keep up with everything hes got going on!

I expect a big fight to start very soon between the Championship committee and Ashley regarding his dual ownership issues. hell be getting it from both ends. Hes not allowed to have any financial involement with us whatsoever!

I very much doubt that weve taken this step without doing our homework. Always wondered too.why we never challenged these contracts but it seems weve been very busy behind the scenes.

Great news indeed!

Edited by gisabeer

Our current Board need to be commended for the vigour in which they are running our Club and attempting to rid us of the deeds of past incumbents.

Successful or not you can see that they are trying to right some alleged wrongs.

The distance they have travelled, forward progress, in a year is incredible. One would have to think that even many of their detractors will accept that they have done a fine job in a short space of time.

Kudos to King, T3B, Murray, Gilligan on the administration side - and Warburton, Weir, Mulholland on the footballing side

18 months ago and our whole support were in the doldrums wondering what the future might hold. Today there is an air of confidence around the Club about where we are headed.

Long may it continue.

Rangers remove Sports Direct branding from club website as they bid to kick out Mike Ashley

BY RECORD SPORT ONLINE

WITHIN minutes of revealing they are to rip up contracts held with merchandise company they run with Sports Direct, Rangers had removed logos from their site.

RANGERS have begun the process of eradicating Mike Ashley and his business from Ibrox by removing Sports Direct branding from their official website.

Just minutes after the club revealed they were to rip up contracts held with the merchandise company they run with Sports Direct, that company’s logos had disappeared from their normal position on the site.

Currently Ashley’s firm control 49 per cent of Rangers Retail Ltd (RRL). The agreement was set-up by former chief executive Charles Green to sell replica kits and other merchandise.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-remove-sports-direct-branding-7997989?

Rangers remove Sports Direct branding from club website as they bid to kick out Mike Ashley

BY RECORD SPORT ONLINE

WITHIN minutes of revealing they are to rip up contracts held with merchandise company they run with Sports Direct, Rangers had removed logos from their site.

RANGERS have begun the process of eradicating Mike Ashley and his business from Ibrox by removing Sports Direct branding from their official website.

Just minutes after the club revealed they were to rip up contracts held with the merchandise company they run with Sports Direct, that company’s logos had disappeared from their normal position on the site.

Currently Ashley’s firm control 49 per cent of Rangers Retail Ltd (RRL). The agreement was set-up by former chief executive Charles Green to sell replica kits and other merchandise.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-remove-sports-direct-branding-7997989?

This is now more than just stopping them using the badges. Taking all advertising down now means they are indeed ripping up contracts.

This is no more about parking tanks this is the Normandy invasion

what a move

it was absolutely inconceivable we could have waited 7 years to start making money from our commercial agreement.

Well played the Board absolutely outstanding news.

couldnt agree more mate. Even better that were kicking the f*!ker while hes down!. Hell have to hire more lawyers to keep up with everything hes got going on!

I expect a big fight to start very soon between the Championship committee and Ashley regarding his dual ownership issues. hell be getting it from both ends. Hes not allowed to have any financial involement with us whatsoever!

I very much doubt that weve taken this step without doing our homework. Always wondered too.why we never challenged these contracts but it seems weve been very busy behind the scenes.

Great news indeed!

he's got financial interests in Oldham as well. Wonder what will happen there. The rules also say he can't have financial interests in other clubs " without prior consent of the Football League". Has this consent ever been given before and if so, what were the circumstances ?