Breaking: Rangers serve notice on retail agreement with immediate effect

That's the way it looks to me, longer term.

What I don't understand is why wait until now to do this? Why wasn't the agreement with RRL terminated before now?

I would also expect the legal teams have been working overtime on this. If you are going to make such a bold move you make sure you don't end up with egg on your face. It has to be watertight. It's also after the end of all the litigation by SD - where they have LOST significantly.

One could also argue it takes the heat off the team right before an important Cup Final that could see us back in European Football.

By the end of it, this could be an incredibly successful week. IF we qualify for Europe, the merch sales will rocket (as they will anyway since we've all been starved of it for so long).

Lets remember, King offered Ashley the chance to renegotiate. He spent time trying to get a more reasonable deal and Ashley's response was to chase King through the courts repeatedly. I can only imagine the big cheesy grin on King's face when he knew this could work.

That's the way it looks to me, longer term.

What I don't understand is why wait until now to do this? Why wasn't the agreement with RRL terminated before now?

At a guess, because it took time to be sure of the legal ground; because of the different rules in the football league; and because the club probably guess that Fatso has other things on his plate, with relegation and getting the manager and squad sorted as well as his select committee stand-off

Edited by Oleg_Mcnoleg
Autocorrect going mental

I would imagine the timing is to maximise the pressure . Puma have just manufactured X amount of tops and organised advertising to sell it and now are looking at reduced income as a consequence of our and SD relationship. Add that to the fact Ashley is being called to parliament , Newcastle are baying for his blood and SD themselves are not doing as well as expected all equates to now being the best time to strike . Plus the extra we make through promotion and cup runs will hopefully negate the small loss in income this will cause

I would imagine the timing is to maximise the pressure . Puma have just manufactured X amount of tops and organised advertising to sell it and now are looking at reduced income as a consequence of our and SD relationship. Add that to the fact Ashley is being called to parliament , Newcastle are baying for his blood and SD themselves are not doing as well as expected all equates to now being the best time to strike . Plus the extra we make through promotion and cup runs will hopefully negate the small loss in income this will cause

It is absolutely all about the timing.

And the non-reaction so far by Ashley suggests that element of surprise has worked.

Gunslinger:

I think Ashley used to own shares in Adidas (he bought a 3% stake in 2007) but not sure about Puma. He's certainly not listed as a major shareholder but Puma are a strategic partner of Sports Direct.

Edited by Frankie

Still waters run deep and slow now a storm has been created lets hope the waters become a rapid and this challenge flows quickly with a positive result and lets us get back to purchasing that will suit RFC Ltd.:crest