The Scottish Cup Final: Rangers v Hibs

Getting back to the football. I am going to put the blame at Mark Warburtons door and his obsession to stick to a 4-3-3 no matter what. Hibs changed their tactics after we scored and we did nothing to match them. With Hibs playing 3 at the back or 5 if you want we should have changed to a 4-4-2 and put pressure on their centre backs. It may all be about the Rangers but sometimes you need to be able to change things around. If we stick to a system like a Robot we become easy fodder for good tactical managers.

Getting back to the football. I am going to put the blame at Mark Warburtons door and his obsession to stick to a 4-3-3 no matter what. Hibs changed their tactics after we scored and we did nothing to match them. With Hibs playing 3 at the back or 5 if you want we should have changed to a 4-4-2 and put pressure on their centre backs. It may all be about the Rangers but sometimes you need to be able to change things around. If we stick to a system like a Robot we become easy fodder for good tactical managers.

Taking a forward off(Waghorn) and replacing him with the useless Clark was a mistake whilst we were 2-1 ahead.

Hibz substitutions were effective. Ours weren't

We got punished for Barcelona 72.

Hibz should be punished in a similar manner for today

So you think clubs should be responsible for the conduct of their fans no matter what? Security at Hampden was up to the SFA not the Hibz club. If it was the other way round and it was our fans would you really want RFC to be punished?

So you think clubs should be responsible for the conduct of their fans no matter what? Security at Hampden was up to the SFA not the Hibz club. If it was the other way round and it was our fans would you really want RFC to be punished?

If you don't punish the club who fo you punish?

Did Hibz not sell these people the tickets?

That short Rangers bench said it all. Mr King take note...

We had five players on our bench. Three will be away next week or so(clark, Shiels & Law). The GK(bell) will be gone too by all accounts.

That just left young Liam Burt.

Not good IMO

Edited by RANGERRAB

If you don't punish the club who fo you punish?

Did Hibz not sell these people the tickets?

You punish the offenders. Somewhere there's a video footage of a Rangers player being attacked. It's a law and order matter. Should we have punished for Manchester? Some of those there were nothing to do with us.

You punish the offenders. Somewhere there's a video footage of a Rangers player being attacked. It's a law and order matter. Should we have punished for Manchester? Some of those there were nothing to do with us.

Ok let's see what happens then. Don't hold ur breath

But it was the Hibs supporters to blame. Can we really blame the club however much we dislike Petrie? See my earlier post re Barcelona 72. You wouldn't want us to be blamed for the actions of some of our fans would you?

The thing is how do you deal with something like this? The only way to punish the fans is to severely punish the club exactly as Rangers were in 1972. And if you take a look at their fan forums they are entirely unrepentant and claiming pitch invasions are perfectly acceptable. Let me give you just a few examples of countless. In response to a post titled "Ridiculous Ranger's Statement"

I thought it was the perfect ending to the game. A natural outpouring of emotion. All the folk tut-tutting are just menopausal.

The pitch invasion was magnificent, so many people crying and laughing, got a huge chunk of pitch to take home!

Just heard this, aye right, you've got no previous right enough, disgusting sectarian ****bags.

Poor rangers, get ****ed I'll happily take the fine

Waaa! Waaa! But I don't Want to lose! There was only one set of fans that didn't belong on the pitch, and that was the the Rangers fans. Look at the end of a rugby international. They don't get branded as thugs, they're just celebrating. Same with us. It was a celebration. Not a hint of trouble with the police line. Ok, we wrecked a £500 set of goals, and probably did another £500 of damage to the pitch. Boo f'n hoo.

Absolute garbage. The Hibs pitch invasion basically looked like a music festival crowd with about 20 ********s at the edge.The stickies vs cletic trouble in the 80s was like the Brixton riots

Barcelona 72

Hampden park 1980

streets of Manchester 2008

nuff said...stfu vile sectarian bigots, shouldn't have been on the pitch anyway(both sets) we know why hibs fans were on it but why were the vermin losers on it, did they think they were guarding derry's walls or sommit...utter PLUMS

And that's the opinion from the vast majority with the very few questioning it being given dogs absue so if you say even fine the club the support will still be insisting they did absolutely nothing wrong and what would they care even if there were a fine? One already said it, he doesn't care.

Poor rangers, get ****ed I'll happily take the fine

So when will they do it again? A Euro tie when the entire country could be punished for it? I feel the SFA given this is the attitude coming from the Hibs support after this embarrasing and dangerous display have to do everything in their power to make an example and teach the fans of all clubs that this is entirely unacceptable no matter how long you waited to win a cup.

I don't know if they can actually allocate the Euro spot to someone else but given it is them who allocate the spot for the cup I would suspect that it may be the case that they simply traditionally allocate it to the cup winners but that there is no automatic granting of it as such. THAT would teach one and all that this is unaceeptable and will incur serious repercussions.

And incidentally I made a post on their forum regarding the whole thing. This was my post.

The absolute reality is that it's not going to matter how you try to spin this or ignore it or downplay it among yourselves. There will be no agreement from anyone else that this was anything but shocking and dangerous behaviour from not a handful of people but thousands and already the actual result is a side issue with the English media running with labels like "feral" with barely a word on the actual result.

There is no point in trying to talk around it by going on about how somebody else did something else at some other time. It wont take any focus off it. And does anyone seriously imagine that only Rangers would have issued such a statement after such an event? Any club would have and it's likely the SFA will too. It's all this final is going to be remembered for just like the 1980 final and since views on this kind of thing are infinitely more stern than they were in 1980 the chances are there will be severe repercussions.

For which I was abused and banned with a message saying 'Ban expiry date' NEVER!