The Scottish Cup Final: Rangers v Hibs

Imo yesterday opened up a problem that's been there all season - we need a commanding centre half.

At 2-1 I thought we were a cert to win as long as we didn't concede corners. We did and we lost.

Disappointing but not unexpected.

Edited by pete

More than anything else, I'm disappointed that we won't be getting into Europe next season

Very much so. Too bad that we picked one of our worst performances of the season for our 50th and last game of the season. We did not look the same after winning promotion and beating the Scum ... and the thin squad finally caught up with us.

That all is past now and we can't change it. We can reflect on it, as will the team and the management, and look to the future.

Edited by der Berliner

Very much so. Too bad that we picked one of our worst performances of the season for our 50th and last game of the season. We did not look the same after winning prootion and beating the Scum ... and the thin squad finally caught up with us.

That all is past now and we can't change it. We can reflect on it, as will the team and the management, and look to the future.

When you look at our bench yesterday we had four players about to leave and Young Burt. Says it all

When you look at our bench yesterday we had four players about to leave and Young Burt. Says it all

I reckon we do have more players in the u20s that might have been picked, but for one reason or another the gaffer did not. I very much assume that Burt and probably Shiels aside, none of them will be at Ibrox next season. The creative spark that a Forrester had provided was badly missed, it was also glaring that we hardly ever got Wallace and McKay working the left flank and thus missed their drive. As I said, we can't change the past and have three signings ready for next season, plus O'Halloran. Perhaps we can keep Ball and add another handful of defenders and strikers. There will be changes and we have to remain patient - and optimistic - about what will come. MW and SDoW know the task before them, as does the chairman and the board.

Edited by der Berliner

Agreed. Warburton's lack of squad depth, particularly defensively, came back and bit us yesterday.

More than anything else, I'm disappointed that we won't be getting into Europe next season

Not really

the squad is nowhere near big enough or has enough quality to cope with the extra matches.

We were awful yesterday and were lucky to get away with the narrow defeat that we did.

Edited by jhunter

We will add to the squad over the coming weeks & months wont we?

we'll have about 12 players left, i don't see us having the cash to sign enough players to flesh the squad out

IMO I'd concentrate fully on the league and ditch the cup games for the youths next season.