The Scottish Cup Final: Rangers v Hibs

Nah, that can't be true Ian... On Twitter last night I was even reading how it was Wallace that punched the other guy. Give it a few days and they will be calling for Rangers players to be suspended for inciting a riot.

Shower of shite - I am so glad not to be living in Scotland. Sickens me.

See Hibs chairman Rod Petrie respond to cup final crowd disorder

http://stv.tv/sport/football/1354888-see-hibs-chairman-rod-petrie-respond-to-cup-final-crowd-disorder/

I am still shocked at this reptiles' interview,it is everything that is wrong with Scottish football and should be sacked at least from his position in the SFA

Edited by ian1964

Nah, that can't be true Ian... On Twitter last night I was even reading how it was Wallace that punched the other guy. Give it a few days and they will be calling for Rangers players to be suspended for inciting a riot.

Shower of shite - I am so glad not to be living in Scotland. Sickens me.

Players are entitled to celebrate. Especially after scoring a winner in a cup final. But I haven't read or heard one word about Gray running into his own fans after scoring the winner.

Players are entitled to celebrate. Especially after scoring a winner in a cup final. But I haven't read or heard one word about Gray running into his own fans after scoring the winner.

Did he get booked ? 2 game ban for inciting a riot like Halliday's raised fist at Morton ?? Nah, didn't think so...

Back to Wilson I never once heard the "Billy Boys" being sung inside ground but did hear it in Catcart Road when the plods got out of their van a nd started manhandling fans off the road.

The shoving was totally unprovoked as fans were just making their way to their transport be it trains or busess etc.

At least no fan responded to the provocation other than singing the so called banned song.

We'll ID those responsible for Scottish Cup shame: Cop pledge as 11 are arrested

COPS are combing CCTV footage of the shameful Scottish Cup scenes – as they revealed 11 people had been arrested so far.

Chief Superintendent Kenny MacDonald warned more were likely to be detained as they try to ID the yobs responsible for the mayhem at Hampden yesterday.

He said: “An investigation team has now been established at Helen Street Police Office. So far there have been 11 arrests for minor offences.

"Officers are in the process of collecting CCTV footage and collating the information that has been gathered at this stage as they try to identify those responsible for the disorder and violence on the pitch.

“As our investigation progresses I have no doubt that additional arrests will be made and would appeal to anyone with information that may assist police enquiries to come forward.

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/7167206/Well-ID-those-responsible-for-Scottish-Cup-shame-Cops-pledge-as-11-are-arrested.html

A kick up the 1980s: Hibs leave grail of destruction

By BILL LECKIE

YOU hate to say it after all the pain they’ve been through.

But if that’s the way Hibs fans celebrate winning the Scottish Cup, here’s hoping it’s another 114 years before they do it again.

The thousands among them who didn’t behave like savages at time up might think that’s unfair.

Truth is, though, their moment of moments is forever tarnished — and all sympathy any neutral had with their desperate hunt for the silver grail has utterly vanished.

Opposing players punched. Goalposts destroyed. Huge chunks of turf torn up.

On a day of sunshine on Mount Florida, the black clouds of hooliganism swept back over Scottish football and rained on everyone’s parade.

And don’t give me the old nonsense about high spirits and celebrations getting out of hand, because this terrible return to the game’s bad old days was one more drunken swing of a boot away from turning into a full-scale riot.

That it didn’t is in huge part down to the restraint of the Rangers support. Yes, a few hundred dafties came over the side and tried to have a square go — but the majority stayed put, as shocked and sickened by the unfolding scenes as those watching on TV all around the world.

When I mention those watching, by the way, that includes the police and stewards who let it happen.

For all they did to stem the green tide from the east end of the stadium, they might as well have been traffic cones.

Hibs punters made it to the Rangers penalty box before any kind of plan kicked into action. By which time, more than one invader had been kicked into a sobbing ball of regret.

Suddenly, we were back in 1980, when battling Old Firm fans clashed in a hail of bottles and cans and the Government were forced to step in and ban bevvy from the terraces and stands.

There were genuine fears of full-scale bloodshed. All leave was being cancelled in every A&E department and cop shop from Aikenhead Road to Arthur’s Seat.

Slowly — eventually — yellow-jacketed lines, bolstered by mounted officers, pushed the factions apart and the prospect of mass violence subsided.

Yet still thousands of Hibs fans refused to heed tannoy pleas to go back to the stands, seemingly oblivious of the chaos they’d caused. Still they danced and hugged, still they tried to get through the security cordon to get at the Rangers stands.

Eventually, it got so ridiculous even their fellow fans booed.

Incredibly, several of Alan Stubbs’ players — Jason Cummings, Lewis Stevenson, Darren McGregor, the dyed-in-the-wool troops — were still in amongst it all, occasionally bobbing up on the shoulders of a fan.

Goodness knows what might have happened to them had it really kicked off with the rival support, as several Rangers players had already taken a slap on their way to the dressing rooms.

Stubbs described it as “exuberance”. He either didn’t get it or was trying to sweep the full seriousness of it all under the rug; either way he did his club no credit at all.

As for chairman, Rod Petrie? The man’s a buffoon whose shoulder-shrugging reaction should — whatever sanctions come down upon his club — lead to his instant resignation.

To refuse to accept that the behaviour of the fans was disgraceful shows how out of touch with reality the man is.

No wonder Rangers refused to come back out to collect their runners-up medals. No wonder Mark Warburton just wanted to get his men changed, on the bus and away from it all before the Hibs end emptied onto the streets. Yes, they’ve had their own dark days of fan violence but yesterday was not their doing.

This as all about Hibs. It was a terrible, sad and a frightening end to what had been one of the best cup finals for many, many years. A game packed so much of what’s best about football, only for it all to end up relegated to a sideshow.

Most of us writing about the match had just about finished praising Stubbs and Co to the skies.

We were ready to sit back and listen to Sunshine On Leith. We were thinking that here we were, a tiny part of history.

I had a line in my head about how for 114 long years, Hibs had been Wile E Coyote and the Scottish Cup their Roadrunner. How every season they’d convinced themselves they’d get the better of that pesky silverware; yet every year, it found a new way to push them off the edge of a cliff.

Just when victory always seemed within their grasp, down came the giant Acme anvil and off the cliff they went, legs motoring for a spit-second as they defied reality. I was going to write about how unplayable two-goal Anthony Stokes had been, how resiliently they coped with injuries, how brilliantly Liam Henderson delivered the corners that turned a 2-1 deficit into an incredible triumph.

There was going to be a bit about how the only Rangers player to truly shine was Kenny Miller, who defied his age to score a marvellous hea-der and hit the bar.

There was, ironically, going to be criticism for the Rangers support’s never-ending bile of singing, even hailing their second by bawling that Andy Halliday hates the Pope and IRA.

After what was to come, though, that seemed small fry.

Everything that had gone before seemed almost irrelevant. Those Hibs hordes had made sure of that. They’d spoiled a wonderful spectacle for all of us. Worse than that, they’d spoiled it for themselves.

In the end, they got to see the cup handed over and sang their victory anthem. Never, though, has its strains left the watching nation quite so cold.

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/7167101/A-kick-up-the-1980s-Hibs-leave-grail-of-destruction.html