The Scottish Cup Final: Rangers v Hibs

Meanwhile, Stokes had this to say ...

I just want to say a thank you to every single player at hibs, the back room staff and manager... And most importantly the fans. Promotion was the main goal this year, but having come so close to that and after the disappointment of the other cup final I think it's justice that we came away with something this year. And what a monumental step we took. I have been lucky to have won this trophy before but I have to be honest and say that nothing compared to winning that today, and it was fitting our skipper Dave who has been a rock and a leader for the team scores the winner! Proud to be part of that team today... And on a side note, was a touch of class from Kenny Millar to walk into our dressing room and individually shake everyone's hand and congratulate them.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/05/22/anthony-stokes-sends-a-message-to-rangers-star-kenny-miller/

Fights never ''broke out all over the pitch'' any fights were contained solely round the rangers 18 yards box, and in the corners near the Rangers supporters end There wasn't hundreds of Rangers fan on the pitch, at most i would say maybe near one hundred and that's is being generous.. The big big difference was and i witnessed it as it happened too. Was that police Scotland drew their batons on the small number Rangers fans, but let the Hibernian fans run riot without recourse to drawing their batons on them.

Quote Originally Posted by cooponthewing

Unbelievable we had the FM of this backward poisonous country congratulating Hibs fans and making light of this?? Please tell me everybody sees what's happening here.

Did she actually congratulate Hibs fans? Any links? Not saying you're wrong but seems a wrong move by a normally clever politician.

Nicola Sturgeon @NicolaSturgeon. Congratulations @HibsOfficial - my other half @PeterMurrel is just one of the thousands of happy Hibees tonight. #ScottishCupFinal

So in fact she did not congratulate Hibs fans, but issued standard message to club plus comment about her husband.

Quote Originally Posted by cooponthewing

Unbelievable we had the FM of this backward poisonous country congratulating Hibs fans and making light of this?? Please tell me everybody sees what's happening here.

Did she actually congratulate Hibs fans? Any links? Not saying you're wrong but seems a wrong move by a normally clever politician.

So in fact she did not congratulate Hibs fans, but issued standard message to club plus comment about her husband.

Don't you think as FM she should something to say about yesterday?

Edited by RANGERRAB

Don't you think as FM she should something to say about yesterday?

I certainly do. Hopefully something will be said in Parliament(Edinburgh) this week. The point I was trying to make is that coop, you, me and others on here are complaining about the revisionism and altering of facts by others. We should not do the same ourselves, I never thought for a second that Sturgeon would have congratulated the Hibs fans, she's too smart for that.

Lifted from FF

Here's the response from my local MSP.

"As I understand it the Police and SFA are investigating.

I'm not aware of any politicians of any party having commented.

As neither club is based in my constituency and sport is not part of my remit it would not be appropriate for me to ask questions about it.

Why don't you email the First Minister directly?"

Regards,

Kenneth Gibson MSP

Lifted from FF

Here's the response from my local MSP.

"As I understand it the Police and SFA are investigating.

I'm not aware of any politicians of any party having commented.

As neither club is based in my constituency and sport is not part of my remit it would not be appropriate for me to ask questions about it.

Why don't you email the First Minister directly?"

Regards,

Kenneth Gibson MSP

What did you ask him? Seems a rather bizarre answer. He is your MSP and as such should take up your issue or give his view on it. For Westminster I believe you can only ask your own constituency MP so would assume it's the same for SG.

Oops I thought you had written to the MSP.

Edited by BEARGER
Wrong take on post

I certainly do. Hopefully something will be said in Parliament(Edinburgh) this week. The point I was trying to make is that coop, you, me and others on here are complaining about the revisionism and altering of facts by others. We should not do the same ourselves, I never thought for a second that Sturgeon would have congratulated the Hibs fans, she's too smart for that.

Sturgeon must ensure the SFA are accountable & are forced to act on what happened.

They"ll try to wash their hands off the whole thing as usual. That mustn't be allowed to happen

Edited by RANGERRAB