Soon be started so who do you think is going to win it , who do you think will be top scorer , best player and which country do you think would wish they would r rather be at home .

I like an outsider so I'll be going for Italy or Belgium. It is up for grabs as there is no real favourite IMO, I would back Spain out of the top 3 in the betting.

England should get to the quarters fine but I just can't see them going all the way. They have certain players who are on form but they always have that yet don't click as a team, I certainly won't be believing all the hype.

Hopefully Italy or Croatia get to the quarters or semis as I'll be on holiday there at that time :D

I might also put a bet on Spain's Morata for top goal scorer!

Edited by johnnyk

I think it's a fairly open tournament this year, with no overwhelming favourites. France, England, Germany (despite losing a core of experienced players that won the WC), Spain, Belgium and even Italy could all go far; you can't rule out Portugal also.

I like the look of Croatia as an underdog/dark-horse; with Rakitic, Kovacic and Modric, they have an outstanding midfield.

I'll be supporting all the home nations, and I especially hope England do well as they have a young, talented squad. I have never really signed-up to the 'anyone but England' tripe. It's a sad indictment of our society that we'd want a team not to win it.

I think it's a fairly open tournament this year, with no overwhelming favourites. France, England, Germany (despite losing a core of experienced players that won the WC), Spain, Belgium and even Italy could all go far; you can't rule out Portugal also.

I like the look of Croatia as an underdog/dark-horse; with Rakitic, Kovacic and Modric, they have an outstanding midfield.

I'll be supporting all the home nations, and I especially hope England do well as they have a young, talented squad. I have never really signed-up to the 'anyone but England' tripe. It's a sad indictment of our society that we'd want a team not to win it.

I would love to see England and the other home nations do well but for me it's the usual over the top media that do my head in (for England anyway). This is seemingly the best squad since 1966 from what I've been reading, I mean come on they've had much better squads than this one. I do sincerely hope they do well but I just can't see them going all the way and other teams have a better all round squad with better players IMO.

I would love to see England and the other home nations do well but for me it's the usual over the top media that do my head in (for England anyway). This is seemingly the best squad since 1966 from what I've been reading, I mean come on they've had much better squads than this one. I do sincerely hope they do well but I just can't see them going all the way and other teams have a better all round squad with better players IMO.

I agree. There are some commentators that go too far in the hype department, but I try not to let that sour my opinion of the team itself: I actually like most of the players, so I take my opinion from that. I agree the hype is excessive at times.

I think it was Hurst that said it was the "most exciting" squad since '66, not the best. It's an opinion, and to be fair, I don't think he's wrong. It's certainly not the best though!

Better than the "golden generation" a few years back? They certainly play nice un-English football.

Kane and Ali are terrific players. So is Vardy in a system that suits him. Not so sure about the defence nder the sort of pressure that Spain or Germany can exert.

Their defence is horrible. They have definitely had better squads than this one.

I honestly don't have a clue this time around. I've drawn the Republic of Ireland in the office sweepstake so that's one I'll not mind losing.

England look decent and a lot less unlikeable than they have for a long time (although it's relative: it's still England, ffs! As you can see, I remain a fully paid up member of the anyone but England club. It's the oldest rivalry in international football and I at least will be trying to keep it going). But don't think they've got enough to win it. Some decent forwards, midfield's ok but not absolutely top draw and defence looks iffy. But then nobody's looking flawless. Player-for-player, the French probably look the strongest, . But their full backs are ordinary, they're missing their preferred centre back pairing, and they're France so almost inevitably doomed to undo their talent with complete flakiness. Spain and Germany are in transition. Italy look average. Is the Belgian defence good enough? Portugal, if they can keep CR7 fit and firing?

The World Cup goes to one of the usual suspects but the Euros often throws up a surprise.