Take Sweden for example. I’m watching them play Italy as I write this and it’s the same mob that has been going about for four or five years. They’ve become like a club side and that’s why I’m trying to achieve with Scotland.

Sweden have failed to get one shot at goal in two games!,and this clown wants to emulate them!

The problem with this is the "club side" he is trying to emulate is Celtic. And we all know their recent history in European competition....

The down side was that I’ve now seen Slovakia in the flesh twice and it’s fair to say they are a better side than I first thought. I knew they were a decent outfit but now I think they’re a terrific one.

Really?.........................

When he says terrific he doesn't mean in world football terms, he means in comparison to us. He's right if that's the case because we are dross.

There is virtually nothing Strachan says which I have any interest in reading. An arrogant, condescending little Scrote and with very little reason to be. He can be a little more arrogant once he has achieved, club OR country, close to what Walter did.

Edited by craig

As for the Russians, it’s in everyone’s best interests if they catch the next flight back to Moscow. They have brought nothing to these finals apart from hooligans and violence.

If you change Russians to C****c & Moscow to Glasgow he could be talking about C****c in the Europe

Edited by ian1964

The down side was that I’ve now seen Slovakia in the flesh twice and it’s fair to say they are a better side than I first thought. I knew they were a decent outfit but now I think they’re a terrific one.

Really?.........................

Getting his excuses in early eh?

Euros Stat from twitter

250 corners have produced only 4 goals

Ronaldo: Last 36 free-kicks on goal = 0 goals

ie. Don't get excited when you get a corner or when Portugal get a free-kick within 40 yards of the goal.

Edited by buster.

Scotland really need a new a manager.

We have players capable of playing at that level.

The only way we will get a new manager is if Chesney walks!,the SFA are delighted to have him!

Gordon Strachan believes his Scotland squad have proved they are better than some of the teams at Euro 2016.

Strachan's side missed out on a place in France and the national side last competed at a finals at France 98.

"We were a unit that Poland couldn't beat, we were a unit that the Republic couldn't beat," he told BBC Scotland.

"We beat Croatia twice over the last couple of years. Things went against us, but we need to sort that out for the next campaign."

The Scots finished fourth in Group D in Euro 2016 qualification, missing out on third spot and a play-off spot.

"It's not easy to take," head coach Strachan added. "In the 10 games we played, there's only one game we could be disappointed with."

Strachan dismissed the idea that the mentality of the players could be questioned.

"Nobody can question that," he said. "Absolutely not.

"The mentality is fantastic. We just need to find the best system with the best players we've got for this next campaign."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36597199