'The strength of Scottish football'

I heard something on the radio that they had just announced the rules for seeding. I agree with you, but that's Scottish football for you.

I couldn't see the seedings plan for the 2nd round in the competition R&R last week.

Going away from the usual emphasis on League positions from the previous season would suggest they wanted to add another change to a revamped competition and see how it worked out, we'll see.

Given how things are at the moment, we may find East Fife (a team with an excellent League Cup tradition) and Morton in amongst the seeds.

That certainly clarifies it but I think they may have just put that there very recently because I already looked at the format days ago trying to discover if there was seeding at the last 16 stage and i'm sure that part of it wasn't there.

Your right, it wasnt there yesterday when we were discussing it before. But it turns out I had heard right and that the best 4 group winners plus the Euro flops get the seedings so we cant get Hibs (or the bheasts) in the last 16.

I heard something on the radio that they had just announced the rules for seeding. I agree with you, but that's Scottish football for you.

All very peculiar isn't it, seemingly making up the rules of the competition as they go along and feeds perfectly into the hands of the usual obsessive conspiracy nuts though in this instance they might have a point.

It goes without saying that neither the SPFL or the sponsors would want any of the biggest draws meeting till at least the last 8. That was already partially accomplished if they had pre decided that the 4 Euro entrants would be seeded but what about the Rangers problem?

Well simply wait to see how they do in their group then when it becomes obvious they will be among the best 4 group winners run out plan A. Wonder what plan B might have looked like in that scenario.