'The strength of Scottish football'

I am sure we all remember those carefully picked soundbites of 4-5 years past. As the Rangers bus hurtled down slope to the nether regions of Scottish professional football, the ambient mood became a cacophony of most repeated barbs, "sporting integrity", "sell out Saturday", "cheating on an industrial scale", ............. etc. Any question of the wisdom of condemning Rangers to a hoped for oblivion, or a suggestion on the future of Scottish football's well being as a result; was met with all the usual suspects beginning their answers with, "the strength of Scottish football ............... ". The game remained strong, and many argued stronger for our demise.

I was reflecting on the strength of Scottish football this morning. In a calendar week, the top two in Scottish football have lost to teams from Gibraltar and Luxembourg.

Indeed.

It was also fascinating to note Tom English was 'interested' in a Guardian article the other day when two Rangers players allegedly turned down contract extensions (they're actually still in talks; delayed by USA trip).

It was put to him today that he hadn't commented on MW and DW's new contracts. Strangely, he's not interested in this as he doesn't find it relevant to Scottish football and thinks only Rangers fans would care.

Proof from the horse's mouth that certain BBC journalists are only interested in negative Rangers stories.

Objectivity is indeed a dying personality trait. I like to think I do have and do try to have it on most things. One thing is for sure tho, I'm certain Tom English is glad he isn't me as I'm sere as heck glad I'm not him!.

I think it's hard to be completely and utterly objective, but most decent and intelligent people usually do actually try - and try incredibly hard when it's their job. Doesn't seem to apply to most of Scottish football and damningly so for the Scottish football press. They might be good at their job description as click baiters, but they are certainly no journalists by any definition of the word.

Irrelevant??? Is he fishing?

No doubt he's hoping to start a bit of aggro, thus he can then have a moan about the big bad rangers supporters giving him abuse!

Mind you, maybe somebody should say He's irrelevant to Scottish Football :D

Maybe English is just smarter than I am because i'm not grasping his logic. Warburton and Weir signing extensions isn't relevant to Scottish football but Waghorn and Tavernier not signing extensions is?

Is that what he is saying?