'The strength of Scottish football'

You have to say it now looks like a brilliant idea sending the best team in the country to the third division. Scottish football is now thriving on the back of that :D

It was like pressing the 'self-destruct' button. Chickens are now coming home to roost with a vengeance.

I remember a good few years ago Kenny Dalglish warning us the no one feared us in Europe. It was and still is a very true statement. Now it seems the real minnows too don't fear us

Tonight, the strength of Scottish football is further enhanced. Gibraltar and Luxembourg have been joined by another behemoth, Malta.

What is this mate ? A day at the hospital and an afternoon in the garden drinking cider has seen me miss any football.

As Rangers were voted down into the lowest senior tier there was a 'noise' made that Scottish football didn't need a strong Rangers. It was a counter to some of what was said by the governing bodies at the time, warning of 'armageddon'.

The supporters of other clubs would thereafter ridicule the armageddon reference as they pointed to what were and what they perceived as positives. This included pointing to an exciting game with lots of goals, despite the 'A' word having been used regards the financial.

There was no objectivity amongst other fans as they always needed to make the point that Rangers weren't being missed and would use selective evidence to this end, including evidence that didn't really have anything to do with the issue that had been twisted to suit. I think I saw one reasonably objective article where David Low went into some detail how Scottish football was financially in a bad place and his main audience didn't like it one bit.

Bottomline this has simply been another aspect of the partisan debate or hatefest which has featured in....

'The bitter within the Rest of Scottish Football ...v... Rangers'.

It's more an unhealthy and dangerous 'hatefest' that has developed and one which has left us as the easiest to point the finger of blame towards. We'll have to wait and see what the SFA do wrt the SCF aftermath to get an idea on the current governing body view.

The problem with hate manifesting itself is that the sides get more polarized and less likely to see any reason or look for any compromise. Now whilst Rangers have never been loved by the rest of Scottish football, the present situation is more dangerous (in various ways) than I've ever know it.

As for the football, Scottish provincial sides in Europe have been little more than summer canonfodder for a longtime now.

Armageddon happened in Europe again last night, the Armaslowgeddon is taking it's toll on Scottish football. Only Rangers and it's support can save Scottish football from a it's predicted demise.

Fighting against the financial downsizing of the Scottish game is like swimming against the tide.

The money flow is ever greater towards the larger leagues and we'll see what the next changes to the CL bring regards potential access to decent money. The provincial clubs really have to assume this and get on with it.

Ourselves and Celtic will look towards other options if they ever come along. Meanwhile, it's about doing what we have currently embarked upon regards an excellent 'value for money' football infrastructure.

I'm the wrong side of 50 now & I'd doubt in my lifetime if I'll ever see Scottish football back where it once was in a respectable place within European football.

That decision to throw Rangers out the then SPL is now coming back to haunt Scottish football with a vengeance. There is no money in Scottish football to make things get better. Why should TV companies and other sponsors put serious money in when its teams can't beat teams from the likes of Malta?

It all goes back to the summer of 2012 when ten clowns masquerading as SPL dealt Scottish football a blow from which it may well never recover.

Whilst many of us may have nothing but contempt for disgraced former Rangers CEO Charles Green he was bang on when stating Rangers needed to get out of Scottish football. It's not short of going into free fall IMO

For those of us who can remember the possibility of the North Atlantic league, with the big European clubs about to embark on their own financial venture without the lesser European clubs I wonder if that will be back on the agenda?

It's not beyond the realms of possibility either that in ten years time for example we could have a European Premier league and league one for example, which could evolve from Champions league and Europa league, I would expect us to be in the latter.

Yes the money will not be as great as the big boys however I might expect promotion and relegation in said two European super leagues.

My point is that if I they break away we should be looking and actively canvassing for opportunity outside these shores. We must, like many other big European clubs not invited to the party, adapt and evolve to suit and prosper in our new surroundings, those that don't will perish.

What that means for the rest of Scottish football I do not know, they have made every effort to make us feel unwelcome, we owe them nothing.

For those of us who can remember the possibility of the North Atlantic league, with the big European clubs about to embark on their own financial venture without the lesser European clubs I wonder if that will be back on the agenda?

It's not beyond the realms of possibility either that in ten years time for example we could have a European Premier league and league one for example, which could evolve from Champions league and Europa league, I would expect us to be in the latter.

Yes the money will not be as great as the big boys however I might expect promotion and relegation in said two European super leagues.

My point is that if I they break away we should be looking and actively canvassing for opportunity outside these shores. We must, like many other big European clubs not invited to the party, adapt and evolve to suit and prosper in our new surroundings, those that don't will perish.

What that means for the rest of Scottish football I do not know, they have made every effort to make us feel unwelcome, we owe them nothing.

This should be looked at. It is commercial madness for us to stay in Scottish football where there is very little money