'The strength of Scottish football'

You may be right but I can find nothing saying so. Seeding isn't mentioned beyond the group stage.

I had a quick scan and couldn't see anything either.

When seeding has been used it usually reflects league placings from the previous season.

I have checked the SPFL pages as well and cant see anything about seedings. Cant remember where I read it, I think it might have been a journo on twitter, so probably wrong given there is nothing about it on the official cup webpage. The rules and regs document on the SPFL website has not been updated for this season yet so it still has the straight knockout rules from last season.

Thats been a waste of my time as I was ensuring that if we won our game tomorrow we would be in the top 4 as there are only 3 other 100% record teams left so we simply needed to win to guarantee a "seeding".

So getting back to the previous posting, it looks like we CAN get wee Lenny's mob at Ibrox in the last 16. I would take that!

I have checked the SPFL pages as well and cant see anything about seedings. Cant remember where I read it, I think it might have been a journo on twitter, so probably wrong given there is nothing about it on the official cup webpage. The rules and regs document on the SPFL website has not been updated for this season yet so it still has the straight knockout rules from last season.

Thats been a waste of my time as I was ensuring that if we won our game tomorrow we would be in the top 4 as there are only 3 other 100% record teams left so we simply needed to win to guarantee a "seeding".

So getting back to the previous posting, it looks like we CAN get wee Lenny's mob at Ibrox in the last 16. I would take that!

I just heard something which indicates that there is indeed seeding but i'm still not sure that means we couldn't get them and give them the hiding they deserve. In the following video clip which I have set to start at the relevant point the interviewer says to the manager "the fact that you've won the group means you will be seeded for the next round"

But I still don't get how this is supposed to work. Given that the 8 group winners are seeds how can anything else beyond that be seeded? If they seeded the 4 Euro entrants then there are 12 seeds and only 4 non seeds? That doesn't make sense. And if the 4 Euro entrants are not seeded then there's a 50/50 chance of drawing one of them. All very confusing.

It's only the four best group winners that are seeds along with the teams that are playing in Europe.

Thus, we can't get Celtic, Hearts, Hibs or Aberdeen in the next round.

http://spfl.co.uk/league-cup/format/

That certainly clarifies it but I think they may have just put that there very recently because I already looked at the format days ago trying to discover if there was seeding at the last 16 stage and i'm sure that part of it wasn't there.

That certainly clarifies it but I think they may have just put that there very recently because I already looked at the format days ago trying to discover if there was seeding at the last 16 stage and i'm sure that part of it wasn't there.

Yeah, I believe that it was just decided upon in the last couple of days

Seriously Bluedel?? A national cup competition where the finer points were only decided "in the last couple of days"??? WTF? Genuinely they are making it up as they go along.

I'm speechless..........

I heard something on the radio that they had just announced the rules for seeding. I agree with you, but that's Scottish football for you.