#GoingFor55 - Is it really achievable?

I'd agree with what you say about the back4. We've still got the same back4 as last season which lost too many goals towards the end of last season.

there is still time of course to sign more quality but we're short at CB and CF - 2 absolutely key areas

IMO there are going to be some really strange results for us and celtc - a lot of their squad is rank and they are going to have the added distraction of Europe to contend with while we try to bed in so many new players.

Edited by jhunter

There are still many on here having us running before we can walk,realistically a top six finish in first year back is essential with a top three a bonus.To win would be like winning the jackpot on the lottery.

There are still many on here having us running before we can walk,realistically a top six finish in first year back is essential with a top three a bonus.To win would be like winning the jackpot on the lottery.

The chance of winning the jackpot in a lottery is more 14mill to 1 chance. I think we have at least a 50\50 chance of winning the league.

Just because you and others don't think we will challenge for the title doesn't mean we won't,the same for me and others who think we can challenge for title doesn't mean we will. I don't know how much of Scottish football you watch but I have watched a lot recently and I think other than C****c we are as good as any of them,and can seriously challenge for the title,nothing to do with a lottery!.

The chance of winning the jackpot in a lottery is more 14mill to 1 chance. I think we have at least a 50\50 chance of winning the league.

I'm not a gambler but if anyone out there wants to give me 14 million to 1 on Rangers to win the title i'm putting a hundred quid on it. So they better have 1.4 billion held back to pay me. Bookies are bandits, all they're offering is 3/1

There is indeed a credible chance of winning which is nothing akin to winning a lottery and as for top 6 for anyone who thinks even that is questionable the bookies will give you 250/1 for them to finish outside the top 6 and are odds on at 1/2 to win it with sellick out of the equation.

We have heard all this before prior to playing them in the cup semi and that result was no fluke. They were played off the park and that can easily happen again with this new improved squad. I'm puzzled anyone thinks otherwise when the imps of Gibraltar can beat them on the day.

believeclose640.jpg

The minimum requirement is a top three finish in the league to get us into Europe IMO.

The minimum requirement is a top three finish in the league to get us into Europe IMO.

Third place is absolute failure IMO. With the resources at his disposal, there could only be one outcome if Warburton finished third, the same as McLeish & McCall got for the same finish. It wont happen, second is the worst position we can possibly end up in. Aberdeen couldnt even push the worst tim team in history close in two goes, and Hearts have just been gubbed by Maltese minnows. Anyone thinking we will struggle to overcome these sides over 38 games is in denial of the blindingly obvious.. I would go so far as to say I think that we will be at least 15 points clear of third place.

Third place is absolute failure IMO. With the resources at his disposal, there could only be one outcome if Warburton finished third, the same as McLeish & McCall got for the same finish. It wont happen, second is the worst position we can possibly end up in. Aberdeen couldnt even push the worst tim team in history close in two goes, and Hearts have just been gubbed by Maltese minnows. Anyone thinking we will struggle to overcome these sides over 38 games is in denial of the blindingly obvious.. I would go so far as to say I think that we will be at least 15 points clear of third place.

I will even go better than that. Unless Celtic improve their defence and midfield substantially we will be 15 points clear of 2nd place.

People are getting overly excited. We couldn't beat a piss poor celtc team with a joke manager last season.

This seasons celtc will be far far tougher.

2nd sure. 1st out and out genius or miracle.

I still think they have a piss poor manager. What has he ever done?